• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst cover ever
3 3

275 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

SSOC is far and away my favorite funny mag.

The 1st 75 covers are all mostly gold but from there on out there are some that look like they weren't even trying.

ssoc 91.jpg

ssoc 98.jpg

ssoc 106.jpg

ssoc 184.jpg

ssoc 207.jpg

ssoc 215.jpg

Surprisingly poor as I can spot some ordinarily very good artists there; Michael Golden, Mike Kaluta, and Tim Conrad.

4 minutes ago, jdandns said:

There needs to be a smaller character in front of the Hulk, a larger character right behind Sasquatch, and then Galactus behind all of them.

image.jpeg.7fa5669e68ade63d7edf1e4014f07eca.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

The 1st 75 covers are all mostly gold but from there on out there are some that look like they weren't even trying.

ssoc 91.jpg

ssoc 207.jpg

I have no idea what happened on that first Kaluta cover, Conan must be dead because bodies don't bend that way...

The second one, we'll just have to agree to disagree.  It's one of my favorite Savage Sword covers in the last few years of the run.

But, to even it out, I'll share one of my LEAST favorite covers from the last few years of the run.    Not only does the face look bizarre at best, I cannot figure out how or why he's holding the shield that way.

SSOC_233.jpg

22 hours ago, OtherEric said:

But, to even it out, I'll share one of my LEAST favorite covers from the last few years of the run.    Not only does the face look bizarre at best, I cannot figure out how or why he's holding the shield that way.

Frankenstein?

Screenshot 2021-07-17 10.11.14 PM.png

On 7/16/2021 at 11:18 AM, Jordysnordy said:

ssoc 91.jpg

ssoc 98.jpg

ssoc 106.jpg

ssoc 184.jpg

ssoc 207.jpg

ssoc 215.jpg

As an artist these things anger me.  These people should never have been hired.  I never was and I dont draw goofy **** like that.

On 7/16/2021 at 5:35 PM, Rip said:

I'd still say Miller did some of the all time worst.

DKTMR-5-MINI-Dylux1.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=

Not even going to focus on the horrible face on Wonder Woman, but was the sword she is "holding" an after thought?  Because there is no way that thing is staying in her hand.

4 minutes ago, media_junkie said:
On 7/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, Rip said:

Not even going to focus on the horrible face on Wonder Woman, but was the sword she is "holding" an after thought?  Because there is no way that thing is staying in her hand.

Too bad supergirl has a busted jaw.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:11 AM, HotKey said:

Haha fair but it might as well be this, just a little different and singled out for the monstrosity that it is 😆

81CRoGJCxyL._AC_SL1182_.jpg

I'm going to just ignore Cap and focus on Cable here:

Why does he have spatulas for fingers (left arm)?

Is holding both a knife and the gun with his left arm, or is the knife part of the gun?

What's the deal with the thumb on his right hand? Shouldn't that be flat up against it, supporting the flat part of the gun? Right now, he's just poking it. That would allow the gun to jiggle around a bit.

Is the front of the gun cut at an angle? Cuz the gun is pointed at an almost right angle to the viewer.