• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome CGC to the world of pulps" CGC will be grading them.
10 10

203 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2022 at 7:59 AM, Robot Man said:

How are they going to figure out fees? Sales on a lot of pulps are non existsnt. 

Great point. Or a database... or a grader... or a supplier for the multitude of cases/inner wells? I'm interested to see how this all unfolds.

On 6/3/2022 at 3:03 PM, Joshua33 said:

Well, they're on the hook for 2022, given all the announcements. Let's see if they can get it across the finish line by new years eve?...

Matt has "confirmed" that it will happen via numerous channels..fingers crossed

I understand that there is a grading company across the street that grades over-sized items and verifies them in a sealed bag & board (sticker sealed.)  This could be useful with pulps as they range in numerous sizes and thickness.  

On 12/9/2021 at 9:13 AM, CGC Mike said:

The information posted here regarding the current stage of our development for pulp certification is incorrect. While we don’t have a firm date established for the pulp launch, it will be in 2022, and hopefully sooner than later.

So they won't be grading pulps this year... correct?

On 10/13/2022 at 11:47 PM, rjpb said:

If CGC keeps the raised ridge on their pulps slabs, they are going to be an inch thick. When you factor in containers, you'll probably need about 10 sq. feet of storage for every 100 slabs. Something to think about.

You can probably make a guesstimate based on this... I can generally get approx. 200 bagged and boarded SA comics in a long box (actually a bit less since I use the heavy backer boards).  Similarly bagged and boarded, I get about 50 pulps in a long box.  Pulps vary a lot more in thickness... but this is a reasonable average.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:10 AM, Bookery said:

You can probably make a guesstimate based on this... I can generally get approx. 200 bagged and boarded SA comics in a long box (actually a bit less since I use the heavy backer boards).  Similarly bagged and boarded, I get about 50 pulps in a long box.  Pulps vary a lot more in thickness... but this is a reasonable average.

One of the big reasons why I have been very selective in my pulp collecting. Considering I primarily collect for covers. That is a lot of space needed that I no longer have. That, and the rising prices (and the surge coming once they become graded widgets), and it is a lot easier for me to drastically curb my pulp buying. 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:37 AM, Robot Man said:

One of the big reasons why I have been very selective in my pulp collecting. Considering I primarily collect for covers. That is a lot of space needed that I no longer have. That, and the rising prices (and the surge coming once they become graded widgets), and it is a lot easier for me to drastically curb my pulp buying. 

Yes. And while I don't have a relatively small collection of them, there are probably only 12 to 15 of them I'd want to get slabbed and the rest will remain raw 

Edited by sagii

On 10/14/2022 at 7:59 AM, sagii said:

Yes. And while I don't have a relatively small collection of them, there are probably only 12 to 15 of them I'd want to get slabbed and the rest will remain raw 

Since I buy them mostly for the covers, I would have no problem slabbing a few of my better ones. I might do a few as well. (thumbsu