• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2021 at 11:08 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Good for you, but the rest of us would have benefitted from this information.

The most vocal and passionate attacker of that video's credibility in this thread has a deeply vested interest in undermining that credibility.  Good to know.

Then do the research.  This information is out there.  It's not hidden.

It's not his or my job to hold your hand and baby step you through a new hobby.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:14 PM, kav said:

Seems pretty relevant and worth mentioning for at least several people here who appeared to have no idea how common the knowledge was tho.  

See my post above.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:11 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Say what you want about the guy, and there is plenty of criticism to go around, what's most relevant is the information he's providing.  If there's a legitimate argument to be made against his claims, then by all means make it.  But ad hominem attacks are just a distraction.

Oh.....he was provided information.........."Population Reports" that didn't contain any population reports.......for only $5 a month.

Seth Abramson. lol

On 8/26/2021 at 11:19 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Most of the people on this thread are not even video game collectors, much less "bandwagon jumpers."  Most of them aren't "complaining," either -- they're just trying to understand what's going on here.

Realize that when you say "nobody is obligated to educate" you're basically acknowledging that pertinent information has been withheld by those seeking to dismiss the claims of fraud being leveled at Heritage, WATA, and the individuals associated with them.  I mean, it's not like the distinct odor of self-interest wasn't apparent before the picture became clearer, but at this point it's completely out in the open.

I believe this story has legs and that it's likely going to gain momentum in the days to come.  It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Then perhaps those people should educate themselves on the hobby before watching one YouTube video and thinking they have things figured out.  And I sure see a lot of "complaining" in those posts that aren't "complaining".  As I said....if they TRULY want to understand the hobby, the information is out there and readily available to anyone that wants it.  It's public information, which is how I educated myself on it.  

And when I say "nobody is obligated to educate"....that's exactly what I mean.  The information is public and readily available.  You want me to do it for you?  Fine.....how much are you paying?

And I believe this story has about as much "legs" as all the similar "gotcha" conspiracies leveled at CGC over the last 20 years.  Wait a second....what's the current CGC wait time?

On 8/27/2021 at 12:27 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Then perhaps those people should educate themselves on the hobby before watching one YouTube video and thinking they have things figured out.  And I sure see a lot of "complaining" in those posts that aren't "complaining".  As I said....if they TRULY want to understand the hobby, the information is out there and readily available to anyone that wants it.  It's public information, which is how I educated myself on it.  

And when I say "nobody is obligated to educate"....that's exactly what I mean.  The information is public and readily available.  You want me to do it for you?  Fine.....how much are you paying?

And I believe this story has about as much "legs" as all the similar "gotcha" conspiracies leveled at CGC over the last 20 years.  Wait a second....what's the current CGC wait time?

You seem really upset.

On 8/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I believe this story has legs and that it's likely going to gain momentum in the days to come.  It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

This story is of interest to me because I've said for years that it's a conflict of interest for owners of Heritage to be in bed with CGC, and a conflict of interest (and fraud) for owners of Heritage to buy their own comics at record prices and then promote that as evidence of a booming market. 

WATA got caught, but this mega-shilling also exists in the comic world. 

On 8/26/2021 at 11:28 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

You seem really upset.

Not at all.  You wanted others to give you a fish.

I'm trying to teach you how to fish.

Does that bother you?

On 8/26/2021 at 9:34 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I don't doubt that for a second, and I would love to see all the bad actors exposed.

But when the defenders of the video game market play the "what about comics" game, I view that as a clear attempt at misdirection.

lotta misdirection around these parts for sure.
Wasnt expecting the 'common knowledge' defense to be honest.

On 8/26/2021 at 10:35 PM, kav said:

Yeah, the excuses of "everyone does it" and "everyone knows it" doesn't mean everyone should accept it.

Some do. Good for them. 

I don't. 

On 8/26/2021 at 11:35 PM, kav said:

It's a big hobby that's been around for decades.  

If a noob comic collector comes in here, are you expected to explain everything to him or would you tell him to start reading?

On 8/26/2021 at 9:41 PM, Domo Arigato said:

It's a big hobby that's been around for decades.  

If a noob comic collector comes in here, are you expected to explain everything to him or would you tell him to start reading?

well I like explaining but thats just me.

I remember a similar debate arose about what if someone had a valuable comic but didnt know anything about its value and there were 2 camps there too-one camp saying "Its not my job to educate" and its ok to buy it cheap.

Edited by kav

On 8/26/2021 at 11:40 PM, wombat said:

Seems like relevant information to me. Wasn't assuming everyone was expected to investigate people in the thread. 

People involved in the hobby that were interested in the sale knew it.  It was public information.  It wasn't a secret.  

I guess I just assumed people might do a little reading on their own before watching a single video and making up their minds.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:44 PM, kav said:

I remember a similar debate arose about what if someone had a valuable comic but didnt know anything about its value and there were 2 camps there too-one camp saying "Its not my job to educate" and its ok to buy it cheap.

Ps wouldnt it be a nice world if everyone thought it was their job to educate if they saw someone about to make a mistake?