• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Eastman destroys another comic book grail!
3 3

266 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2021 at 7:21 PM, SpideyFein said:

Thanks!!! It was originally a 4.5 with slight ct. I had it for a couple years, I then decided to send it in for possible removal. I can’t stand purple labels lol I wasn’t pleased with how they scraped it, or in general how they do it, but it looks great otherwise. I think it’s fitting on a low grade Spidey 1! It doesn’t affect the art as well.

Some would hate it- I love it. I guess it’s a good example for the thread. 

I sent in for the Jim Lee remark on an x-men 266, I'm either going to love or hate it Haha, or look at it and question why I did....

I'm thankful to do it and I will get a kick out of it, but at least I sent in a 9.2 of mine that was already slabbed signature series in gold. I'm just curious how hell make it work.

As stan had a good bearing on the quote you got, he at least made it work, I'd be proud of the opportunity to get rid of color touch too!

Nowadays with in house signings, it doesnt matter what tier book it is, its one flat cost and for pressing too. Some just dont understand how good we have it.

The Stan Lee quote fits well here

With great power comes great responsibility!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

When I first saw CGC signed books years ago I was totally against them.  At cons I would have artists sign raw books for my personal collection and also have them sign the slabs themselves.  I figured if someone didn't like it they could just wipe it off with a little windex.  Today, I honestly don't mind the SS series and while the turtles book is way over the top, I think if it makes the owner happy then do it.  If this was an Action 1 or a Tec 27, that's a different story.

On 8/28/2021 at 6:43 PM, Flanders82 said:

I saw this on a facebook post. At what point should an artist/creator/writer refuse the request of customer? 

At the point where they are not confortable, that's the only answer. If Kevin is comfortable doing this, and it was something asked by someone paying him, then I don't know why it should concern any of us. We are free to do as we please with the books we own and love, we shouldn't impede on how someone else finds joy in this hobby.

On 11/16/2021 at 4:25 PM, Ryan. said:

I'll take the under on that.

+1. That being said, some wild people may go batty for it. Prices have decreased as of recent, but it is a 9.8 and if someone wants the "most unique" 9.8 Turtles 1, this will surely be it. Looking at it again, I wish he would have just put the sketches on the back, or all of the turtles in red bandanas. We shall see what happens. I'll be watching it. 

On 9/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, toro said:

I think if it makes the owner happy then do it.

This book made the owner so happy that he’s trying to flip it two months later.

(I told myself that I was too jaded and cynical when I thought this would be the plan two months ago.)

On 11/21/2021 at 1:40 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Currently @ 52K 

With another runner up without the sketch on CC:

image.thumb.png.0a7e859085fbca53af644041acea4da2.png

I’m curious to see what the realized price of the sketched TMNT #1 ends up being. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the one on Comic Connect ends up going for more money.

On 11/21/2021 at 12:46 PM, Terry JSA said:

I’m curious to see what the realized price of the sketched TMNT #1 ends up being. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the one on Comic Connect ends up going for more money.

I'd bet on the sketched being higher (even if only by $1).

On 11/22/2021 at 2:56 PM, Wolverinex said:

The only way the sketch goes higher is if Torpedo buys it from themselves and relists it a few years from now...

Maybe the potential buyer already owns a 9.8 blue, and has money to burn 🔥