• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Eastman destroys another comic book grail!
3 3

266 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2021 at 4:20 PM, profholt82 said:

Man, that is tough on a 9.8 1st print though. I honestly think the Eastman sketch looks really cool, but not on a minty 1st print. Especially when the dude just turned around and posted it for auction on comic link. If you're only looking to flip anyeay, don't deface a rare classic book like that. Ugh. 

yeah, that's where I'm at. I actually think the sketch is kinda neat, but it would have been just as neat on a facsimile/reprint, 2nd print, 3rd print, FCBD printing...i mean, really, anything other than a 9.8 first. Makes me sad. Oh well, there's probably a buyer out there somewhere, and I hope they love it!

Do what you want to what is yours I suppose…

Personally, yes, seeing this made me cringe…

Stan Sakai is my hero, and I’ve had him sign and remark dozens of books for me, but NEVER would I have him sketch all over the cover of my Albedo #2…

As for Kevin Eastman, no ill feelings from me… However I value far more the books signed by the other TMNT creator…

image.jpeg

BEFDB7-C3-FC00-49-C9-81-BA-3-E73-F08-FA9

Edited by BJCCCAT

On 12/3/2021 at 7:56 PM, Flanders82 said:

It'll be interesting to see what it sells for:

Comic Link :: The Online Vintage Comic Book and Comic Art Auction and Exchange

tmnt comiclink.JPG

Looking at it again...

I actually really like it. 

Graffiti art by the cover artist on a Top Turtles book?

:takeit:656CDF0B-6D0F-4E56-8680-884E8159A7A7.thumb.jpeg.186edbb31809f9776271cdb3b4a10bb8.jpegE9F3312B-2094-4DC3-9997-6FF45C4403FA.thumb.jpeg.36088fc6905d9e9ba14a5f689ff2d794.jpeg

All this book is missing now is a huge turtle Johnson smacked in the middle of this thing 

speaking of which, why isn’t one of the turtles drawn with a big middle finger right in the centre? Missed opportunity in my eyes 

On 12/3/2021 at 5:36 PM, D2 said:

All this book is missing now is a huge turtle Johnson smacked in the middle of this thing 

speaking of which, why isn’t one of the turtles drawn with a big middle finger right in the centre? Missed opportunity in my eyes 

If he cleared the turtles and the title then maybe I would say this is okay. It kills the originality of the book.

On 12/3/2021 at 8:38 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

So in front of you, this SS and a universal grade 9.8, you’d take the SS? ???

Did your account get hacked? lol

I used to be ‘the’ Signature Series guy :baiting:

I’d take the Blue label 9.8 every time....

Then commission Eastman to do the sketch I want on it.:banana:

On 12/3/2021 at 7:36 PM, D2 said:

20211203_234803.jpg.41eee4af42d027f46638dcfa5ef60090.jpg