• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Eastman destroys another comic book grail!
3 3

266 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2021 at 10:34 PM, HotKey said:

I would just ship it media mail.

no bubbel rap.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:59 PM, kav said:

I paint my car I paint everything i just did some job on my car there I used a roller there the brush-came out beautiful.

True fact, I went to an auto dismantler and a car was literally painted with home exterior paint and they used a roller. lol

On 8/30/2021 at 6:06 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

True fact, I went to an auto dismantler and a car was literally painted with home exterior paint and they used a roller. lol

Was it Frank Rizzo's Dismantlers?

OP

This is precisely why I don’t like, or request sketched remarks on books. 

I am a signature collector. All of my graded books are Signature Series books now. 

So often creators are trying to ‘leave their mark’ on books they helped create, and this attitude really baffles me.

It also baffles me that there is a market for this but I also struggle to distinguish the difference between a collector and speculator.

Edited by D2

On 8/30/2021 at 1:59 PM, D2 said:

OP

This is precisely why I don’t like, or request, remarks and sketches on books. 

I am a signature collector. All of my graded books are Signature Series books now. 

So often creators are trying to ‘leave their mark’ on books they helped create, and this attitude really baffles me.

It also baffles me that there is a market for this but I also struggle to distinguish the difference between a collector and speculator.

My experience is the exact opposite of this, getting a remarque without some sort of debate is usually like pulling teeth

On 8/30/2021 at 4:10 PM, Dr. Dank said:

My experience is the exact opposite of this, getting a remarque without some sort of debate is usually like pulling teeth

Is that because the artist/creator believes that the book value is increased due to a sketched remark on it?

at which case, we aren’t talking about collectors, we are talking about speculators and investors, interested in an item due to its monetary value. 

Edited by D2

On 8/30/2021 at 4:21 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20210619_224040.jpg.772e2c9e4aee5f7364fae3f34179e023.jpg

I would classify that as a sketch, not a remark. 

I associate remarks as doodles, defined as drawings devoid of character’s personality or emotion, distilled down to the subject’s basic identifying properties.

I hate remarks because I believe they exist solely by the idea of a creator’s signature to stand out from the rest. 

On 8/30/2021 at 2:22 PM, D2 said:

Is that because the artist/creator believes that the book value is increased due to a sketched remark on it?

at which case, we aren’t talking about collectors, we are talking about speculators and investors, interested in an item due to its monetary value. 

Dunno

On 8/30/2021 at 4:29 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Dunno

To onlyweaknesskryptonite’s point, there are definitely instances where a sketch, or drawing, would be epic and cool on a book, but on the cover? I find that unnecessary and distracting.