• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Eastman destroys another comic book grail!
3 3

266 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, Terry JSA said:

Torpedo’s estimate of $300k was somewhat close. But I will say that’s a good amount of money for this book considering it’s signed and sketched. 

Happy BIRTHDAY  :cheers:

Screenshot_20211209-214726_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 12/10/2021 at 12:44 AM, Flanders82 said:

The high sale of a TMNT #1 9.8 1st Print is $245,000.  I think the comicconnect sale will meet or exceed this and I'm not surprised the hideous Eastman sketch devalued the book. 

On the plus side, this should dissuade people from messing with the remaining blue label 9.8s.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:36 AM, Dark Knight said:

Maybe if Shredder wasn't sketched in, it would have had a couple more bids. That sketch is horrible at the top ruining the title. 

Still performed pretty well regardless. It's a unique 1/1 book that a few bidders wanted in their collection.

Some people also pay money to get peed on.  Just sayin'.  :bigsmile:

On 12/9/2021 at 9:44 PM, Flanders82 said:

The high sale of a TMNT #1 9.8 1st Print is $245,000.  I think the comicconnect sale will meet or exceed this and I'm not surprised the hideous Eastman sketch devalued the book. 

This is actually incorrect as CC had another private sales transaction that went through a month after their big $245K sale, as per a post which I had made in the TMNT 1 thread on the CA Forum here, as seen below:  :gossip:

On 12/10/2021 at 4:00 PM, lou_fine said:

No, the $245K sale that took place in a private sale at CC back in September was followed a short month later by this private sale for $250K:  :gossip:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/929799

tee2.670.jpg

Like I said in a previous post, it would appear that CC is really the market maker when it comes to these high grade copies (i.e. CGC 9.8 and CGC 9.6) of TMNT 1.  (thumbsu

Although it has made me kind of wonder just how many HG copies of this key classic, but relatively recent and relatively high population count CA book does Metro and CC either have access to or within their personal inventory, as based upon the number of continuin record setting sales they've been able to achieve over the past couple of years.  hm