• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2022 at 10:34 AM, speedcake said:

Well I just got an email saying they got the box so excellent! 

How long did it take for you to actually put your items up for sale/auction?

My order arrived on 8/3, then showed up in the system "being filed and scanned" on 8/22 and it's still on that status. I have used them many times before in the past and it never took this long. Just curious on how long you had to wait (hopefully you're not still waiting). 

On 8/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, graffix13 said:

My order arrived on 8/3, then showed up in the system "being filed and scanned" on 8/22 and it's still on that status. I have used them many times before in the past and it never took this long. Just curious on how long you had to wait (hopefully you're not still waiting). 

Let me first say that I'm not a plant - I'm patiently waiting for them to check in my slabs as well.

The simple explanation is that word got out how exceptional consigning books through them really is. I've sent them over several different shipments in the past - both raw and slabbed - and it wasn't until recently that the slowdown - if you really want to call it that - began. So I emailed and received a quick response within an hour that yeah, they were experiencing higher than usual submissions. I wasn't surprised. Would you rather take on all of the work and risk and sell on eBay yourself or would you like to send your books to MCS where they do all the work? They also list on their site AND eBay at the same time, allow you to easily toggle between auctions and BIN's and pay you quickly.

To me it's a no-brainer. Now that their consignment business is growing it makes sense that a good thing might take a little longer. We're just used to them moving at super-speed so we're being entitled lol And there's a reason they hired a certain new Consignment Director - they are getting busier and plan to even more.

On 8/31/2022 at 3:56 PM, graffix13 said:

Mine are still in the "being processed" stage as well.  They have had the books since August 12th, I believe.

I was a little disappointed with the grading, but I know they are conservative and MCS will likely be able to get quite a bit more than anywhere else for the books (certainly more than I could myself) and they are doing all the work so I'm not complaining.  Just surprised by some of the grades, is all.

Edited by speedcake

On 8/31/2022 at 3:06 PM, speedcake said:

Mine are still in the "being processed" stage as well.  They have had the books since August 12th, I believe.

I was a little disappointed with the grading, but I know they are conservative and MCS will likely be able to get quite a bit more than anywhere else for the books (certainly more than I could myself) and they are doing all the work so I'm not complaining.  Just surprised by some of the grades, is all.

If there are any grades you strongly disagree with and if the books are worth slabbing you can ask MCS to send them to CGC. MCS will add them to your consignments when they return from grading. CGC is usually much more generous with the grades than MCS is.

Well, you guys talked me into it, I subbed some slabs for consignment. Just a handful, to see how it goes. I do love MCS as a buyer, and I have sold bulk books to them in the past, but this is the first time I've tried consigning slabs. Looking forward to doing more business in the future, assuming this all goes as planned. 

On 8/31/2022 at 5:06 PM, speedcake said:

Well I was able to set the prices yesterday, so hopefully you'll be able to soon as well. 

And yes, selling through consignment with MCS was like a 'best-kept secret'. Now the secret it out, haha. 

On 9/8/2022 at 10:36 AM, marmat said:

I sold a bunch of foreing comics at auction last week, stunned by the prices

Amazing spiderman 299 spanish, was not able to move it on here or ebay for $49, sold via Mcs for $165 

Asm 252, sold for $134, had it for three months on ebay for $89 with no takers

New submission on his way

That's reassuring to hear. I recently sent MCS my Mexican (La Prensa) copies of JIM 83 and ASM 13 which will be going up in their October Prime Auction. Also sent my only copy of Love Journal 10 (which I am sure I will regret selling). Hoping to reap similar auction scores through MCS as you did here. Congrats!

On 9/2/2022 at 3:01 PM, workingdog said:

I sent in six slabs for consignment/auction which MCS received on 8/12.  They just started processing them this past Monday, 8/29.  Hopefully I'll receive an e-mail soon that they're ready for assignment.

It's now 9/9 and my six slabs are STILL in the processing stage.  So essentially, come Monday (9/12), MCS will have had them for an entire month.  :censored:

On 9/9/2022 at 11:28 AM, workingdog said:

It's now 9/9 and my six slabs are STILL in the processing stage.  So essentially, come Monday (9/12), MCS will have had them for an entire month.  :censored:

They got hit hard by Covid.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:40 AM, Ryan. said:

They got hit hard by Covid.

Yeah, Conan stated that back on 9/1.  Seems to me when Borock came on board, everything he brings in gets top priority.  And I never hear from or talk to Este anymore.  I always get her assistant Andrea.