• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

I ordered a full run of Nth man from them to read and what I got certainly is nicer than the grades given in the shop. Not that it matters, as this is Nth man we are talking about, but still

And anyone who bought any of the X-Men books I commissioned with them recently definitely got very nice copies for the grades given

Edited by speedcake

Anecdotally, prices in the auction seemed a little soft last night, which was fine with me as I was strictly a buyer. We'll see if that remains as the holidays get closer.

On 11/7/2022 at 7:30 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Made my very 1st purchase from MCS last week.  Just a cheap order for 2 copies of the same book.  Advertised as 6.0 & 9.4

Sold with stock photos.  Very curious to see what arrives :popcorn:

You have been on fire recently !  can't wait to see what you get.  

And from one con to another pretty different one: this weekend we'll be set up (with inventory to sell) at Collectors Summit Dallas. Description from their page:

Collectors Summit is a premium, focused event for collectors looking to network & conduct business with established members of the community. We focus on Golden Age to Bronze Age Comic Books, Pulp Magazines, Original Artwork and other growing markets within the collectibles community. We cut away all the distractions of traditional conventions to provide the best experience possible for serious collectors and investors..

High-end comic and art inventory we're bringing to the show: https://www.mycomicshop.com/summitlist plus a little bit of other new stuff we haven't recorded yet.

The show itself is pretty small and tightly focused, and tickets sold out a while ago. This is the second time they're doing the show. I wasn't at the first one they did last year, but this one is looking pretty exciting.

The venue is in the showroom area of Heritage's massive building near DFW airport, though Heritage isn't directly managing the show themselves.

Preview night Sat along with tours of Heritage's building, show Sunday 10 am to 5 pm, afterparty Sunday night. If anybody is around on Monday I'll be available to give tours of our building which is a 20 minute drive from where Heritage is.

Edited by mycomicshop

On 11/11/2022 at 11:48 AM, mycomicshop said:

And from one con to another pretty different one: this weekend we'll be set up (with inventory to sell) at Collectors Summit Dallas. Description from their page:

High-end comic and art inventory we're bringing to the show: https://www.mycomicshop.com/summitlist plus a little bit of other new stuff we haven't recorded yet.

The show itself is pretty small and tightly focused, and tickets sold out a while ago. This is the second time they're doing the show. I wasn't at the first one they did last year, but this one is looking pretty exciting.

The venue is in the showroom area of Heritage's massive building near DFW airport, though Heritage isn't directly managing the show themselves.

Preview night Sat along with tours of Heritage's building, show Sunday 10 am to 5 pm, afterparty Sunday night. If anybody is around on Monday I'll be available to give tours of our building which is a 20 minute drive from where Heritage is.

Awesome! As a fellow Texan it is nice to put a face to the name, cheers :cheers:

More often than not there seems to always be something of sorts going on nearby, in the realm of DFW. Thanks for speaking up on some events, I'm sure I never hear of it "ALL" lol 

Had some money this weekend, but drive and sold out haha. Anyway thanks for the Comic Con report too ^^ 

On 11/11/2022 at 12:31 PM, mycomicshop said:

And always good to see @ttfitz!

Good to see y'all, too, Conan (and Steve). Have to remember next year to bring some stuff for consignment with you.

On 11/14/2022 at 1:11 PM, Hamlet said:

They occasionally get deadbeat buyers.  I had one book that never got paid for and MCS eventually released it back to me so I could re-list or re-auction it.  

Unfortunately there are deadbeat buyers.  I've sold about 50 books through mycomicshop and had 2 fail to pay.

On 11/14/2022 at 1:18 PM, Hamlet said:

I’m betting that beats the results of most Ebay sellers.  

Most likely.  I consider it the cost of doing business. 

At least with mycomicshop once the book is sold and paid for I don't have to worry about a thing.  

On 11/14/2022 at 3:11 PM, Hamlet said:

They occasionally get deadbeat buyers.  I had one book that never got paid for and MCS eventually released it back to me so I could re-list or re-auction it.  

Right but after 3 weeks the unpaid-for book should have gone back into @Black_Adam consignments. His message infers that the book is still hanging around in the unpaid ether.

On 11/14/2022 at 12:21 PM, Ryan. said:

Right but after 3 weeks the unpaid-for book should have gone back into @Black_Adam consignments. His message infers that the book is still hanging around in the unpaid ether.

The books are still hanging around in the unpaid ether. When this has happened (rarely) to me before I believe it had to do with MCS awaiting a promised check from the buyer. Still waiting to hear from MCS if that is the case this time and when/if payment can be expected or if the books will go back into my consignments.

On 11/14/2022 at 4:04 PM, Black_Adam said:

The books are still hanging around in the unpaid ether. When this has happened (rarely) to me before I believe it had to do with MCS awaiting a promised check from the buyer. Still waiting to hear from MCS if that is the case this time and when/if payment can be expected or if the books will go back into my consignments.

Ah, good point. It probably is due to waiting for a check to arrive.