• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us comics you got signed in person
7 7

204 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new here and have just submitted a few comics to get graded.  I didn't send these but I'm curious, would it be worth it to get them graded? They are pretty rough but are great books and autographed.  What do you think? 

X-Men 94 Scan_.jpg

X-Men 95 Scan_.jpg

Edited by Jeff Winston

On 11/9/2021 at 12:03 AM, Jeff Winston said:

Hi, I'm new here and have just submitted a few comics to get graded.  I didn't send these but I'm curious, would it be worth it to get them graded? They are pretty rough but are great books and autographed.  What do you think? 

X-Men 94 Scan_.jpg

X-Men 95 Scan_.jpg

I wouldn’t suggest getting these graded just because they count as unwitnessed signatures. It would get a qualified label (green) with the notation of “name written on cover in marker.” 

I would assume it’s Chris Claremont’s signature. 

On 11/9/2021 at 11:14 AM, Terry JSA said:

I wouldn’t suggest getting these graded just because they count as unwitnessed signatures. It would get a qualified label (green) with the notation of “name written on cover in marker.” 

Good to know!  Thank you!  Yes, that's Chris Claremont 

On 11/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, Robot Man said:

Super cool! Did you get to talk to Steranko? He is a kick to talk to. Loves interacting with his fans. 

One does not 'talk' to Steranko.  One gets a signature to prove they were granted an audience with Sternako as he held court.

The guy is the greatest. 

On 11/9/2021 at 8:14 AM, Terry JSA said:

Agree , just enjoy them as they are.

On 11/13/2021 at 8:29 AM, Buzzetta said:

One does not 'talk' to Steranko.  One gets a signature to prove they were granted an audience with Sternako as he held court.

The guy is the greatest. 

bah we talk all the time.  He asks me for drawing tips an stuff.

On 11/14/2021 at 7:54 PM, kav said:

bah we talk all the time.  He asks me for drawing tips an stuff.

Yes, and I'm his go to for fashion advice. We are two smooth characters!

I'm not sure I've asked him to sign any comics the few times I met him, but have some of his Supergraphics early 1970's "Supergirls" calendar pages autographed that I got from him at a late 90's SD Comic-con, as well as some autographed trading cards.