• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us comics you got signed in person
7 7

204 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2021 at 6:32 PM, Robot Man said:

This was a fun one. Probably 30 years ago, I had a lady vendor at work who one day just happened to mention she was married to Buddy Ebsen. "You are married to Jed Clampet?" just flew out of my mouth! I explained that I was a HUGE fan of The Beverly Hillbillies. Was probably my favorite show as a kid. I had to ask her if he might sign something for me. She said she would do better than that. She said he often rides around with her and would let me know next time she came to my office.

A few weeks later she was due to come by so I brought this to work. Sure enough he was waiting in the car for her when we went down stairs. I of course gushed and recounted my favorite episodes. He graciously signed my book and upon my request, gave me one of his patented "Whoo Doggies". What a wonderful guy. 

And, nobody tells Jed Clampet where to sign!

combevhillbillies8.jpg

This is freaking awesome!!!
For me - he'll always be Barnaby Jones!

On 9/28/2021 at 8:07 AM, HighVoltage said:

Story, please! How did you get this one?!?!?! Wonderful!

I play in a band. We had a gig for a music executive in the Hollywood Hills and some mentioned he would be there so I took it with me. Actually got to talk to him for a few minutes.

Loved the show as a kid. One year I lusted for the Napoleon Solo handgun for Christmas. 

On 9/28/2021 at 9:16 AM, Robot Man said:

I play in a band. We had a gig for a music executive in the Hollywood Hills and some mentioned he would be there so I took it with me. Actually got to talk to him for a few minutes.

Loved the show as a kid. One year I lusted for the Napoleon Solo handgun for Christmas. 

Thank you!
I don't remember 'UNCLE' very much, but man... Lee from The Magnificent Seven... I'll never forget his face/lip-scraping death scene down the side of the wall.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, TacosTacosTacosTacos said:

Here's Walt, pre-dinosaur...

20210928_111639.thumb.jpg.b385e612410de376bc263975047dd916.jpg

Very nice!
Austin's signature has been the same forever.

And the Claremont sig is so... 'Not over the logo' small! (:  :headbang:

On 9/28/2021 at 9:25 AM, Ducky13 said:

This is my work in progress, haven't been able to get any more signatures since March of 2019. I am planning on Heroes Con in Charlotte in June 2022. Some of the big names I have gotten are Mark Bagley, Joe Sinnott  and Steve McNiven.

I have several other personally signed comics including one of my personal favorites X-Faxtor 87 by Peter David and Joe Quesada

20210928_081500.jpg

Cool book! Do you remember where you got Bill Anderson's autograph at and what year? I've been trying to add him to a comic I have but never see him pop up on guest lists.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:25 AM, seredynskib said:

Cool book! Do you remember where you got Bill Anderson's autograph at and what year? I've been trying to add him to a comic I have but never see him pop up on guest lists.

I got Bill Anderson's autograph in 2014 at the Albany Comic Con. Which is a great one day con in upstate NY

On 9/29/2021 at 11:03 AM, Robot Man said:

Everett Raymond Kintsler at SDCC. This man eventually painted presidents!

It was a real thrill getting to meet Kinstler!  I see you met him at the same show I did, SDCC in 2006.  I am not aware of him making any other convention appearances but maybe he did.  Legendary comic book artist, illustrator and portrait painter.

Kinstler-Tony.jpg