• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us comics you got signed in person
7 7

204 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2021 at 9:32 PM, jdandns said:

Yes, and I'm his go to for fashion advice. We are two smooth characters!

I'm not sure I've asked him to sign any comics the few times I met him, but have some of his Supergraphics early 1970's "Supergirls" calendar pages autographed that I got from him at a late 90's SD Comic-con, as well as some autographed trading cards.

Does he ask you to sign stuff?  He's always asking me to sign stuff.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, Robot Man said:

Steranko is quite the guy. I remember him practically hitting on my wife at a show. He was so smooth. She was really flustered. We walked away and she couldn’t believe he was a “comic book artist”...:roflmao:

I went to a show about six years ago, and he had a beautiful young girl in her 20’s blushing and swooning over him. Maybe it’s the hair. Maybe it’s the suits. Maybe it’s the style. 

Hitting on your wife though- the man is a beast. He’s a smooth operator. 

He was at the Washington State Summer Con in 2019 and just having a ball with the line of people signing. He had a sign posted "no pictures or selfies" but I did notice this rule bent with the ladies. When it was my turn, I had him sign a couple of comics and he asked "How do you want me to sign them" to which I said "Just your name is good enough" and he joked around that all I wanted was name, etc. 

On 11/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, Robot Man said:

Steranko is quite the guy. I remember him practically hitting on my wife at a show. He was so smooth. She was really flustered. We walked away and she couldn’t believe he was a “comic book artist”...:roflmao:

Steranko is what I'd typically refer as "a character", for sure. The tan, the hair, the teeth, the constant patter, he's an old school showman. Everyone should meet him at least once!

On 11/22/2021 at 12:57 PM, Slappy Laszlo said:

His toupee is better than Stan's was lol

I can't tell if it's getting bigger, or he's getting smaller.

On 11/15/2021 at 4:19 PM, Robot Man said:

He is quite the personality… He asked me if I wanted a sketch on my book… When I replied: “I am happy with just your signature”, he responded: “Just A Signature!  What, I’m not good enough to draw on your book?”

606E8F9B-7931-48E4-AC2C-BB28B7528253.jpeg78DE9C60-62FD-432F-A6BB-FA265C09573A.jpeg

BEFDB7-C3-FC00-49-C9-81-BA-3-E73-F08-FA9

Edited by BJCCCAT

On 11/22/2021 at 2:23 PM, BJCCCAT said:

He is quite the personality… He asked me if I wanted a sketch on my book… When I replied: “I am happy with just your signature”, he responded: “Just A Signature!  What, I’m not good enough to draw on your book?”

606E8F9B-7931-48E4-AC2C-BB28B7528253.jpeg78DE9C60-62FD-432F-A6BB-FA265C09573A.jpeg

BEFDB7-C3-FC00-49-C9-81-BA-3-E73-F08-FA9

Nice! I think his autograph is s work out art in it’s self. 

Thanks for the great topic, @Robot Man . I'd been wondering for a while where there might be a good place to share some favorite signatures, and you gave me a home to do so!

Most of the books I have signed would be of no value to anyone other than myself. For instance, there was a time when I was on a tear, tracking down Legion artists and writers. Here are a few I got over the years. Books that a lot of people wouldn't pay a buck for, but priceless to me!

Photo Dec 02, 10 04 33 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 02, 10 04 31 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 02, 10 04 32 PM.jpg

IMG_4350.JPG

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4353.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

Next up, there was a time when I was trying to get sigs on mostly white covers, because I thought they'd look cool.

IMG_4357.JPG

IMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4346.JPG