• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There's a holdup in the Bronx!
1 1

54 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2021 at 8:50 PM, szav said:

Thanks for the report and for stopping by...the Baker thread misses you.  See you in a 6 months to a year.

I doubt he'll see that message.  He's probably already gone until next year.  He still hasn't seen a couple of my private messages from June...lol

On 10/8/2021 at 1:18 PM, Mmehdy said:

The SDCC show should be very interesting, I am on the fence, really no info out there on this one for $150...anybody hear anything new??????

The bright side is, if there is one, is that you and I can get in for $75. for "senior discount". I'm still not going.

Go over and read the events section. Looks like only a couple vintage dealers of comics. FAR cry from usual. 

On 10/7/2021 at 6:37 PM, Sqeggs said:

Baker fans know that this is one of the tougher books to find a copy of that isn't raggedy. Highest graded ahead of a 5.0. My copy was only a 3.5 and I felt happy to have it. 

IMG_1051.jpeg

That 5.0 was at the top for quite a long time.  This issue has some great interior stories.  CONGRATULATIONS!

Covid discussions are forbidden on the boards.  Some posts have been hidden.  Here is what Dena said about it:

This topic is now locked and off limits. Any new threads on this topic will be removed and anyone pushing the issue will be suspended. Enough already.

I haven't been to a con in over 20 years now. The cons here in the Detroit area never have much GA material. Maybe I'll go to the next Motor City Comicon just for old times' sake. I don't like paying the high admission prices that the cons charge now, but I think that the Motor City show might have half-price admission on Sunday.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:29 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I doubt he'll see that message.  He's probably already gone until next year.  He still hasn't seen a couple of my private messages from June...lol

Well, if I read them, they wouldn't be private any more, would they? :taptaptap:

On 10/9/2021 at 7:54 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

I haven't been to a con in over 20 years now. The cons here in the Detroit area never have much GA material. Maybe I'll go to the next Motor City Comicon just for old times' sake. I don't like paying the high admission prices that the cons charge now, but I think that the Motor City show might have half-price admission on Sunday.

Motor City was rescheduled to this coming weekend. Today is the last day to pick up a wristband in advance so you don't have to wait in line for entry, plus buying in advance saves you a few bucks. Friday is actually $5 cheaper than Sunday - on Sunday kids from 6 - 12 are free instead of $10.

On 10/12/2021 at 6:48 AM, mtracy64 said:

Motor City was rescheduled to this coming weekend. Today is the last day to pick up a wristband in advance so you don't have to wait in line for entry, plus buying in advance saves you a few bucks. Friday is actually $5 cheaper than Sunday - on Sunday kids from 6 - 12 are free instead of $10.

Yes, after posting, I looked at the admission prices and decided I couldn't justify going. I just don't think that there would be enough high-grade GA books.