• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your GGA!
14 14

801 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2023 at 8:52 PM, fifties said:

Given that I was not quite 3 years old when it came out...

On 5/8/2023 at 11:22 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

Did you buy this one directly off the newsstand?

You can take that as a yes, @L'Angelo Misterioso. @fifties was one of those precocious kids. He learned to talk before he was even born. As soon as his head popped out, he was like, "Hurry up, Ma! Push! I ain't got all day!" (His grammar wasn't quite perfect until he was three or four days old.)

At two years old, he was already sick of superhero and funny animal books and moved on to horror and GGA.

On 5/13/2023 at 4:49 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

You can take that as a yes, @L'Angelo Misterioso. @fifties was one of those precocious kids. He learned to talk before he was even born. As soon as his head popped out, he was like, "Hurry up, Ma! Push! I ain't got all day!" (His grammar wasn't quite perfect until he was three or four days old.)

At two years old, he was already sick of superhero and funny animal books and moved on to horror and GGA.

Giving away all my secrets, eh?  :wink:

On 5/14/2023 at 9:02 AM, Robot Man said:

What a beautiful copy of such a wonderful book! The colors are just so vibrant. One of my favorite short run GA titles. 

This cover reminds me pf several "weird machine" covers. Here is another one. 

comatomiccomicsgroupshot.jpg

comcaptflight5.jpg

Never saw that Captain Flight. Great GGA and hooded nasties!

On 5/14/2023 at 9:02 AM, Robot Man said:

What a beautiful copy of such a wonderful book! The colors are just so vibrant. One of my favorite short run GA titles. 

comatomiccomicsgroupshot.jpg

comcaptflight5.jpg

You know it’s interesting to me that not the GGA, but what caught my attention with the Captain Flight Comics issue was the left hooded figure. Of all the ways his action could be portrayed, his body is like uniquely contorted. I feel like the artist portrayed that hooded evil figure beautifully as he is like rushing to turn on the death machine before Red Rocket presumably saves the day. That twisted body feel almost makes him feel even more evil to me. And he’s in such a rush his arm flails outside of the hood. Love the detail, love the art!

On 5/14/2023 at 11:02 AM, Robot Man said:

comcaptflight5.jpg

The lady's face sure looks like a Matt Baker face. Is this an Iger Shop book?