• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This may be an unpopular opinion. CGC needs a submission freeze.
4 4

202 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2021 at 5:51 PM, musicmeta said:

Until "Profits" are negatively affected, hardly anything will change at CGC....and why would they as long as the books keep pouring in. 

Also keep in perspective, they do have the highest quality grade wise. 

The competition has to get their heads out of their bottoms in order to become actual competition 

On 10/19/2021 at 4:20 PM, Dr. Dank said:
On 10/19/2021 at 12:07 PM, Sigur Ros said:

I guess some might call it subjective.

Just one example:

img_8316-668x1024.jpg

And no, I'm not saying that one example equals the norm.  I'm saying there is quite a bit of this going on.

But my issues are not the overgrading on it's own (I mean, who wouldn't want that?)... it's the fact that grading is a bit all over the place anymore, and of course the QC.

Maybe when the load gets lighter, they'll do their jobs better.  Who knows.

Expand  

And I'm saying your opinion that there is quite a bit of it going on is subjective. 

Until someone actually quantifies what's overgraded to what's not, we can't say with any sort of confidence that overgrading is occurring en masse

I don't know Doc, looks like a lot of en masse grading on this book.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:54 PM, thehumantorch said:

I don't know Doc, looks like a lot of en masse grading on this book.

That book for sure 

Altogether? I know there is threads addressing the issue around somewhere 

It’s really simple - not happy with a product or service stop using it

The bottom line is that their product is the one that sells regardless of all the complaints in this thread

unless someone wants to start a new company this is a waste of time 

On 10/19/2021 at 7:14 PM, jsilverjanet said:

It’s really simple - not happy with a product or service stop using it

The bottom line is that their product is the one that sells regardless of all the complaints in this thread

unless someone wants to start a new company this is a waste of time 

:gossip: someone is

On 10/19/2021 at 11:03 PM, drotto said:

I know I am very small to CGC, but I have not submitted in 2 years.

I’m sure in that time there has been 10 new customers that each has submitted your amount 

On 10/20/2021 at 12:05 AM, jsilverjanet said:

You me and everyone here does not matter

except @Buzzetta

Since I cannot purchase anything in the six figures, I can only hope to increase the number of followers on my public comics dedicated IG account (that I recently started paying attention to).  Then once I have a substantial following I will do something questionable, complain about moderation, have a fit, call CGC and then take my ball and go home. 

On 10/19/2021 at 8:51 PM, musicmeta said:

Until "Profits" are negatively affected, hardly anything will change at CGC....and why would they as long as the books keep pouring in. 

.....which begs the question of what the impact is going to be once all these guys submitting their modern books in the hopes of 9.8s realize that their issue of Nocterra isnt going to make them rich.......                  

On 10/19/2021 at 7:03 PM, Thisisrequired said:

Nit picking. So it's over graded a point or two. People are human.

Hardly a point or two, and I can't go searching for all the cases of this I've seen.  Was just making a point to someone.

But, I realize it doesn't matter what, or how many, get posted in a thread like this, excuses will always be made.

Seems the gist of it is a mix of:

"Sure their QC sucks, but they haven't messed up on mine so I'm ok with them" and "My books are worth thousands upon thousands so CGC it is" and of course the usual "The other companies suck. I don't have examples.. they just suck".

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 10/19/2021 at 6:46 PM, Thisisrequired said:

All of these are such a small percentage.

Could be, I don't know all the numbers.  Seems you do, so I'd be interested in hearing them.

I just know that I see so much of it getting posted, and I don't mean all the posts on the CGC forums. 

Regardless, no matter what the percentage is, there are a lot of problems.

It's cheaper to correct a mistake than to attempt to lower the number of mistakes.

That's an unfortunate way to treat the customer but with so many people making excuses for them, they clearly don't have to care about how they treat the customer.

Sending out obvious QC problems and figuring they'll just worry about it when customers send them back.  Yay for the customer!

Big part of why the TATs at the competition are getting so much longer.

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 10/20/2021 at 1:54 AM, Buzzetta said:

Since I cannot purchase anything in the six figures, I can only hope to increase the number of followers on my public comics dedicated IG account (that I recently started paying attention to).  Then once I have a substantial following I will do something questionable, complain about moderation, have a fit, call CGC and then take my ball and go home. 

Definitely seems like a better plan than.... 

Become an Overstreet Advisor , then over grade your books.  Send two AF15's to be pressed and cleaned( out of the country)  then off to CGC for grading. Then blame CGC when the staples get popped and post pictures of yourself on the toilet reading them , all while threatening to take CGC down. 

:roflmao:

I have some single digit Spideys I’d like to submit for express grading.  But, one, I don’t want my books sitting there for three weeks before they’re opened.  Two, waiting a month to get graded.  Three, possibly sustaining damage during slabbing/QC.