• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This may be an unpopular opinion. CGC needs a submission freeze.
4 4

202 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2021 at 9:53 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

+100%  :applause:

I totally and emphatically agree with you.

I been getting brainwashed from state run media. People should be able to say that's what she said all they want. But I should be able to mute them if I don't want to see it.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:10 PM, Thisisrequired said:

I been getting brainwashed from state run media. People should be able to say that's what she said all they want. But I should be able to mute them if I don't want to see it.

Stop saying it :pullhair:

On 10/18/2021 at 10:06 PM, kav said:

they dont like to mute cause of free speech.

I don't believe that for a second. That's how voldy became so popular here. I just seen someone say you can't show the label of a non cgc book. In before the lock seems to be a popular comment here.

On 10/17/2021 at 8:11 PM, KCOComics said:

I don't think CGC should shut down, but I do think they have to address the bottle neck.

On 10/17/2021 at 8:23 PM, kav said:

If a company has too much business, raise the price.

On 10/17/2021 at 8:40 PM, Thisisrequired said:

Didn't they just do this? I like your thinking though. Raise it again! 

Maybe give a warning announcement so everyone can rush in massive submissions.

Sad to say, but I saw an interview with Matt Nelson posted here on the boards whereby he stated that the recent price increase was their strategy to address the bottle neck.  Unfortunately, it did not have the desired effect as they simply ended up receiving more submissions than ever.  If I remember correctly, he did joked that they might just have to raise prices again.  :censored:

One thing that he did say for sure is that they would never close down as they would never ever refuse to accept more books.  :takeit:  :frustrated:

On 10/17/2021 at 8:11 PM, KCOComics said:

I would like to see them stop the signature events until the bottleneck is cleared up.  

Clearly, they must be taking your suggestion to heart as it seems that my email box is totally inundated with CGC signature events registration on an almost daily basis, which pretty much is confirmation the only real thing they care most about and above customer service, grading accuracy, TAT, quality control, etc, is this:  :flipbait:  :flipbait:  

Edited by lou_fine

On 10/17/2021 at 8:52 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Instead of being outraged about TAT I would be about QC

Damaged books, wrong labels, books upside down...  totally unacceptable

Ummmm...............why would they even care or spend their money on QC when everybody here has already clearly stated that it is totally acceptable as they will continue to use CGC no matter how terrible their service is or how long they have to wait to get their books back?  doh!

Edited by lou_fine

On 10/19/2021 at 4:24 AM, lou_fine said:

Ummmm...............why would they even care or spend their money on QC when everybody here has already clearly stated that it is totally acceptable as they will continue to use CGC no matter how terrible their service is or how long they have to wait to get their books back?  doh!

Agreed. There's an overabundance of pom-pom waving an these boards.

Amazing how people see things differently 

Hardly any pom pom waving going on here

CGC has yet to damage my books, so I'll keep using them. Second they do, I won't. 

Perspective shows those incidents, while on the rise, aren't the norm 

On 10/19/2021 at 3:24 AM, lou_fine said:

That is not 100% correct. I recently cancelled my membership renewel. I would hope many others follow.

On 10/19/2021 at 9:24 AM, lou_fine said:

On 10/19/2021 at 9:36 AM, Gaard said:

Agreed. There's an overabundance of pom-pom waving an these boards.

Maybe you guys, instead of knee-jerk reacting to a coupla posts or so, should read the thread more carefully. (shrug)

On 10/18/2021 at 10:15 AM, Math Teacher said:

I find it hard to believe that I am defending the USPS, but I have been selling books since May, 2020. Everyone of my packages made it to its intended destination, albeit not always on schedule.

The thing that frustrates me with the carping about the USPS is how the USPS is losing money. Does anyone ever complain that the US military doesn't make a profit? What about FIFA, or numerous other government entities? The USPS is providing a vital service to the people of the US, but perhaps not at the level of efficiency as in the past.

Just think of how many packages are getting shipped since the advent of Amazon and Ebay. Yes, I know that Amazon is now doing a lot of their own deliveries, but that is a relatively recent development.

plus usps is still cheaper much cheaper than the competition

On 10/18/2021 at 7:58 PM, Thisisrequired said:

CGC loves money. They don't love me, just my money.

Your money doesn't make excuses for them.  Your money doesn't downplay the problems. Your money doesn't post on forums trying to convince others that other grading companies are worse.  They love you man.  You!

They don't ignore the issues. They simply understand that most people won't notice or just accept them.

So they see all the backwards books, upside down books, incorrect labels, missing inner sleeves, the coverless High Republic they graded 9.8, the 8.0's they gave a 9.8, the swapped labels, the hundreds and hundreds of cracked slabs, etc, etc, etc, and assume their customers are too stupid to notice so why fix them?

That's an interesting take, not the usual one, for sure.  That actually makes them look even worse.  Surely they wouldn't admit to this, would they?  How did you find this info?  Is it in the FAQ?

Why do they need to improve? What are you going to do? Slab your books with another company

Bingo. 

If I was running things at CGC I would hire more graders. Anybody no experience necessary.

All evidence shows that's exactly what they're already doing.

lol...

On 10/17/2021 at 11:10 PM, Dr. Dank said:

If McDonald's employees were the ones grading my books, I'd go to PGX

Have you seen the QC this past year and a half?

It's quite likely they are.

On 10/17/2021 at 11:21 PM, Thisisrequired said:

The main other isn't even much cheaper. 

I have 40+ books there right now.  Sent on one of their many holiday 10% discounts.  $14.40 per book reg. modern grading.

Also 2-day, which in September worked out to 8 days from day I sent to day I received, was $36 per book reg. price (vs. $120 for 19 days CGC).

Price isn't even why I moved.  QC, more trusted/accurate grading and much better cases were the main reasons.

Regardless, stop pretending the competition "isn't even much cheaper".

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 10/18/2021 at 2:58 PM, Gaard said:

Whoa! Were you standing behind me the last time I entered a comic shop?

Trust me on this. I would never utter that phrase. I tried to get my son and daughter interested in comic books, but that went nowhere. My next chance will be my grandson and granddaughter. If my daughter and her husband aren't interested in buying them comics, I will be glad to. By that time, I will have a lot of disposable income. Also, I consider one of my jobs is to spoil my grandchildren.

On 10/19/2021 at 4:24 AM, lou_fine said:

Exactly.

Too many people make excuses for them and keep sending in books.  Why would they bother fixing the problems ?

On 10/18/2021 at 7:34 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

What is apparent and rather ironic, is that the plague of the 500 errors has kicked in right now for the millionth time it seems, which seems indicative of what is going on at the moment under the CGC umbrella.

Dare I say a fiasco? Or is that too harsh? 

I think it's time to up the ante and go for 600 errors.  Think big.