• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2021 at 3:16 PM, skypinkblu said:

I don't like joining the grading contests because I worry about making some huge error...but I like watching them. 

It can be a laugh. One year my performance consisted of one huge error after another and I ended up second worst. Total car crash.  Sure you’d be much better.

I do miss the ‘guess the comic’ contests, where you’re given a small area of a cover, or a panel to analyse. Puzzle threads.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/29/2021 at 5:55 PM, Ken Aldred said:

It can be a laugh. One year my performance consisted of one huge error after another and I ended up second worst. Total car crash.  Sure you’d be much better.

I do miss the ‘guess the comic’ contests, where you’re given a small area of a cover, or a panel. Puzzle threads.

Screenshot 2021-10-29 5.57.46 PM.png

On 10/30/2021 at 1:53 AM, thehumantorch said:
On 10/30/2021 at 1:46 AM, Poekaymon said:

Well, it can be hard to stop when you get going.  Kav can be a bit rough.  And he has a quick tongue.  But he's always satisfied me.

Your best post yet.  :foryou:

If that post was not deliberate, it was pure classic gold.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:57 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

I think Hollywood did that. It did not end well.

He was utterly obsessed with one boardie-I told him over and over I do not want to talk abt that guy.  He never stopped.

On 10/30/2021 at 1:58 AM, Logan510 said:

So based on his epic flameout, don't go to either of you for advice lol

I gave him good advice. Stop being creepy/needy. Stop trying too hard. Stop getting bent out of shape over silly mess.

He didn't take it on board and went in the opposite direction. It was still good advice. He chose to take another path. I told him he would get banned. He did.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:58 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

If that post was not deliberate, it was pure classic gold.

image.jpeg.4666e093c62494e180f9616e05d29ef4.jpeg

Wait till you see his bit on risk management.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:00 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

I gave him good advice. Stop being creepy/needy. Stop trying too hard. Stop getting bent out of shape over silly mess.

He didn't take it on board and went in the opposite direction. It was still good advice. He chose to take another path. I told him he would get banned. He did.

To be fair, that would be like telling a thief to stop stealing.

You gave good advice, but that guy was wayyyyyyy past being able to accept advice from anyone IMHO.

The word "unhinged" comes to mind.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:02 AM, Logan510 said:

To be fair, that would be like telling a thief to stop stealing.

You gave good advice, but that guy was wayyyyyyy past being able to accept advice from anyone IMHO.

The word "unhinged" comes to mind.

I'm not making excuses for him, but when his gf binned him, he was devastated. He lost the plot. I really tried to help him prior to that over a coupla years. I won't bore you with the details, but he was always heading for self destruct on here....yeah.

On 10/29/2021 at 6:08 PM, G G © ® ™ said:
On 10/29/2021 at 5:48 PM, kav said:
On 10/29/2021 at 5:46 PM, Poekaymon said:

But he's always satisfied me.

Thats what she said!

Now that is actually on point. (thumbsu

@greggy