• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A super find!
6 6

156 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2022 at 12:53 PM, Lord Gemini said:

I can. You need glasses.

one staple is brown.  the other shiny metal.  The positioning is also different.  Someone needs glasses.

Ok I guess I'm wrong here.  Just some discrepencies in the photos is all.

Oh wait I think I see it now. I thought this was part of the black line going down the spine, if this is the staple then I do see how this looks significantly different than the staple in the other picture, but it may just be because of the lighting.

image.png.481f9ca3f2dbc92ee12771c971dad162.png

Edited by JC25427N
e a

On 7/11/2022 at 5:13 PM, JC25427N said:

Oh wait I think I see it now. I thought this was part of the black line going down the spine, if this is the staple than I do see how this looks significantly different than the staple in the other picture, but it may just be because of the lighting.

In that pic, imo, it looks to have the same curve, I think now that the book is flat the staple may look different by comparison.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:13 PM, JC25427N said:

Oh wait I think I see it now. I thought this was part of the black line going down the spine, if this is the staple then I do see how this looks significantly different than the staple in the other picture, but it may just be because of the lighting.

yes I thought it was oxidized  but now I think I was wrong.

I am surprised this discussion didn't start sooner.  No, I didn't switch comics somehow.  It is the one in the original photo.  I'm scouring the front cover for a flaw that shows in the original and the slabbed.  That's the rub isn't it; neither has an obvious flaw outside of dirt and spine roll.

staple.a.jpg

staple.b.jpg

And the upper staple for comparison.  Don't know if it is in other copies, but this also shows a flaw by the knee.  It appears they did clean the staples as well.

staple.d.jpg

stsple.e.jpg

Edited by 2Sunny

@2Sunnycongrats on your book, and also congrats on taking the constant questioning, condescension, and accusations, with good humor. A belated WTTB to you.

On 7/12/2022 at 6:09 AM, 2Sunny said:

I am surprised this discussion didn't start sooner.  No, I didn't switch comics somehow.  It is the one in the original photo.  I'm scouring the front cover for a flaw that shows in the original and the slabbed.  That's the rub isn't it; neither has an obvious flaw outside of dirt and spine roll.

staple.a.jpg

staple.b.jpg

def the same book.  

On 7/12/2022 at 9:31 AM, 2Sunny said:

And the upper staple for comparison.  Don't know if it is in other copies, but this also shows a flaw by the knee.  It appears they did clean the staples as well.

staple.d.jpg

stsple.e.jpg

Wait.  CCS clean & press includes staple cleaning now?