• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your single favorite Bronze Age Cover: You must only pick one
8 8

248 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2024 at 11:44 PM, Hepcat said:

Picking just one is enough to drive me psycho.

08-07-201170114PM.jpg

:S

😱 scary‼️

Posted (edited)
On 11/23/2021 at 7:23 PM, Randall Ries said:

Blame isn't the right word. I'm pretty sure Adams did the whole cover coloring and all. He could have gone with a loin cloth. Or since the whole fight scene showed Bats with the tights and panties, it would have been better to just have Ra's holding the cape and upper shirt. Common sense tells us the grey part of the bat suit is like a one piece jump suit. How would he keep his shirt tucked in all the time?

Doesn't matter now, I guess. Still a rockin' cover.

Oh my goodness, no. Apologies if this has already been addressed, but Mr. Adams himself posted on these very boards (!) back in like '06 (?) and explained that the costume Ra's is holding up was supposed to be Bat's actual pants, but a decision was made - not by Mr. Adams btw -  that showing Bats in his skivvies on the cover was not something which was done and so they colored it in like you see here.

Wish they had kept it the way it was intended, but mainstream comic publishers back then, and especially DC, were not known for their daring as the larger IP work products were concerned. 

Then the thread kind of devolved into Adams's "hollow/expanding Earth" theories and got quite silly, iirc

Edited by Sal
Dumbness, pure and simple

On 4/27/2024 at 4:38 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I realize that Superman breaking out of chains is one of the all-time most iconic images in comics.

That said, I've never understood exactly how somebody got those chains on him in the first place ... so many times.

I mean, chain me up once, shame on you ...

The Superman 233 cover doesn’t depict actual chains being broken. It’s a symbolic image representing the fact that Superman was no longer hampered by Kryptonite as it had all been turned to iron.