• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Official Holiday Raffle Thread - Join by 12/21 or Go Pound Sand!!!
19 19

1,714 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2021 at 7:29 AM, WEBHEAD said:

No matter how many years I see this wonderful Holiday raffle it is so wonderful that so many are so generous  it is truly a wonderful place for sure

thumbs up.jpg

I could not agree more!!!

Of course, the less genially side of me … because it IS such a warm event, full of good feelings, and camaraderie… can’t help but annually cast a skeptical eye towards those who choose NOT to participate and ask, respectfully…

image.gif.062b48eb42d3e479fdd2a769dfcae7e0.gif

Again, asked with all the respect in the world. 😁

Sorry for the lack of updates.  I promise I’m still around, I’m just busy.  Things should slow down for me for the next week or so, so I’m hoping to do another update to the main list in the next day or two.

also, thanks to those who brought it to my attention that I missed @1Cool’s offering .  I’ll make sure I get it in the next one.  

until then, feel free to tag some people to see if we can get some more participants. 

Remember, Santa’s watching!

215F27ED-F861-4182-BEFF-7329C1C974F8.gif.3a39f51992e6c5ea9b6c63555b865614.gif

On 12/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, fmaz said:

Of course, the less genially side of me … because it IS such a warm event, full of good feelings, and camaraderie… can’t help but annually cast a skeptical eye towards those who choose NOT to participate and ask, respectfully…

There are always good reasons.

I did not participate for two years after my mother passed. Just did not feel like it.

Feel like nothing too contribute,

Some may not like the pressure to contribute

Edited by Ares

I love love love when people contribute comics and participate. I myself do not expect to choose an amazon card but I think it is a good way to participate without the pressure of coming up with a comic gift. While the ratio of comics:amazon cards may not be to my particular liking, I would much rather have tons of cards and tons of people having fun rather than 10 people with comics.

Let's get those late picks something to smile about! (For those not in the know, once we go through the list we go through again, last picks first until all prizes are gone. There are certain to be a few extra, I think we are at 3 or so extra prizes at least so far!) :womanhero::manhero: 

On 12/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, fmaz said:

I believe some choose not to participate because they have experienced getting garbage as their gift.  This happened to me one year, and I won't name any names, but I received a bunch of low grade torn up beaten stained ripped garbage that I would be too embarrassed to drop off at a donation center. Clearly this was someone who wanted to provide the least amount of value in their gift.

That being said, I choose to continue participating because I enjoy the Christmas season of giving, and spreading holiday cheer. If I can send a gift and make someone's day brighter, then that gives me joy. 🎄🎁🎅

On 12/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, Motor City Rob said:

I believe some choose not to participate because they have experienced getting garbage as their gift.  This happened to me one year, and I won't name any names, but I received a bunch of low grade torn up beaten stained ripped garbage that I would be too embarrassed to drop off at a donation center. Clearly this was someone who wanted to provide the least amount of value in their gift.

That being said, I choose to continue participating because I enjoy the Christmas season of giving, and spreading holiday cheer. If I can send a gift and make someone's day brighter, then that gives me joy. 🎄🎁🎅

Was it a mystery box? I agree that sometimes the gift exchange can be wonky but the raffle at least gives you a general idea of what you are choosing. I almost didn't do the exchange this year but I dig the raffle big time.

Sorry you got chit.

Edited by Bird

On 12/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, comicginger1789 said:

As another Canadian fella, I am slightly saddened by the number of US only prizes but I understand...I would also be willing to help pay 50-75% of shipping if that is something that could sway some of ye "US only" prizes 

Same Here. 

On 12/10/2021 at 8:54 AM, KirbyJack said:

You Canucky types can pick mine! Those percentages are exactly what I had in mind. I don’t think I’m alone there, either. I’ll pay the US price to ship, anything beyond that is on the recipient.

I agree with that as well, I'll do the same thing.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, Motor City Rob said:

First of all, obviously I was just making a joke (obviously it wasn’t as funny as I thought (my wife tells me that all the time… I continue not to believe her) and know that for some people they have many reasons why they wouldn’t want to join us for these community events…

but secondly, I think this event and Secret Santa too, is primarily about the giving… and most people embrace that in amazing ways. And yeah, what is “generous” for one person may seem paltry for another… but the situation you mention up above, and you’ve been here since 2018 so obviously it only happened in the last few years, is awful and sadly sounds like someone trying to take advantage of the system.  I certainly hope that is something that is by far the exception and not the rule.  It’s awful you experienced that and I’m so glad it hasn’t stopped you from still being a part of all this.