• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink winter auction
3 3

89 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2022 at 10:46 AM, Twanj said:

image.thumb.png.98baf10a95f81154f6271c4b8ce259ef.png

This Mack DD surprised me when it jumped from 2k to 10k

It was $10K for quite a while before auction’s end.  It’s not as though it jumped from $2K to $10K in the last few minutes of the auction or even the day prior to auctions end.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:37 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

It was $10K for quite a while before auction’s end.  It’s not as though it jumped from $2K to $10K in the last few minutes of the auction or even the day prior to auctions end.

Yup, exactly! I don't follow Mack DD all that close but it seemed high when it jumped so much.

Didn't realize it was a reserve, I thought those showed up at $10,000* but I guess it was already met?

On 3/11/2022 at 11:20 AM, Twanj said:

Yup, exactly! I don't follow Mack DD all that close but it seemed high when it jumped so much.

Didn't realize it was a reserve, I thought those showed up at $10,000* but I guess it was already met?

yeah, I think it was at 9,900*, which is one increment under reserve and someone tripped it.

I like his run on DD, but not at 10K for 2 pages (then again that applies to many OA these days, I'm glad I got my pages early!)

Malvin

Some of these prices are indeed eye opening. However one thing that i am curious about. In the past when sellers have come on asking where is the best place to sell their  original artwork the general consensus has been to send it to Heritage. I am now wondering if Comiclink has become the better avenue for selling original artwork or would these same pieces of artwork that sold on Comiclink for incredible prices sold for even higher prices at Heritage.   

On 3/12/2022 at 4:59 PM, Justin Case said:

Some of these prices are indeed eye opening. However one thing that i am curious about. In the past when sellers have come on asking where is the best place to sell their  original artwork the general consensus has been to send it to Heritage. I am now wondering if Comiclink has become the better avenue for selling original artwork or would these same pieces of artwork that sold on Comiclink for incredible prices sold for even higher prices at Heritage.   

Not long ago I sold a piece of original art on ComicLink. It didn't do as well as I hoped (what with price jumps I have seen during Covid). I didn't loose money, I just didn't get much of a profit. Whoever bought it must have realized it was undersold because after a few months they placed it on Heritage. There it went for over 3 times what it got on ComicLink.

On 3/12/2022 at 4:59 PM, Justin Case said:

I recently consigned a ton of art and ComicConnect and Heritage both got right back to me while Comiclink never replied to a voicemail or email. 

I had a 20k+ item I debated about selling on comiclink.  I just worried it wouldn’t clear $25k and after fees I’d end up around 22k

i opted for heritage and it sold for 32, and they waived sellers fees so I cleared 25k

still not sure if I was right, but that was my thought process.  A similar page (maybe even a better page same artist, same era) sold last week right at 25k (on CLink)

but then I sold several $500-$5000 pieces on CLink’s last auction, and they all performed where I was hoping with the lower sellers fee netting me 10% more.

so, all that to say, price point may be an issue, timing is likely an issue, and other non controllables.

maybe if I have another 20k+ page I go back to heritage, but CLink certainly won my respect this last time around

(although it took to the literal last second for every page to trip its target!)

Edited by Grant Turner

On 3/13/2022 at 10:08 AM, Grant Turner said:

I had a 20k+ item I debated about selling on comiclink.  I just worried it wouldn’t clear $25k and after fees I’d end up around 22k

i opted for heritage and it sold for 32, and they waived sellers fees so I cleared 25k

still not sure if I was right, but that was my thought process.  A similar page (maybe even a better page same artist, same era) sold last week right at 25k (on CLink)

but then I sold several $500-$5000 pieces on CLink’s last auction, and they all performed where I was hoping with the lower sellers fee netting me 10% more.

so, all that to say, price point may be an issue, timing is likely an issue, and other non controllables.

maybe if I have another 20k+ page I go back to heritage, but CLink certainly won my respect this last time around

(although it took to the literal last second for every page to trip its target!)

Given the value of the pieces that you're selling, you should be negotiating with Heritage to waive more than just the sellers fee.

On 3/13/2022 at 6:25 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

What can HA waive, other than the seller’s fee?

On 3/12/2022 at 11:25 PM, tth2 said:

Given the value of the pieces that you're selling, you should be negotiating with Heritage to waive more than just the sellers fee.

On 3/13/2022 at 9:55 AM, robert frey said:

they can give you a cut of the BP as well

I know I can get the 0% sellers fee but always assumed clawing back some BP was out of my range, perhaps not. At what value consignment would this be viable?