• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2022 at 4:12 PM, vodou said:

If you're not doing 5x what you paid in 2017...you're doing something really wrong...no? :) 

I think there's lots of stuff not worth 5x what it was in 2017, and everybody will have a few of those in their collection.   2.5x before fees is certainly not what you'd hope for over that time period, so I acknowledge what you're getting at, but its not something that's going to make me want to jump off a cliff either.    I can think of some comic art I bought 3-4 years ago where I doubt its doubled yet, and I really don't care because I just wanted to own it, and still do.   It was available when it was available and I am very happy with the purchase.     

Edited by Bronty

On 6/19/2022 at 4:18 PM, cstojano said:

"I buy what I like/know"

:)

That's me too in some cases, great for the buying but you gotta love/keep the stuff forever...no upside (in most cases).

On 6/19/2022 at 4:18 PM, Bronty said:

...but its not something that's going to make me want to jump off a cliff either.

Totally agree. The other examples though, 2021 buys flipped over in 2022...I guess that's the damage of long consignment lead times?

On 6/19/2022 at 4:21 PM, vodou said:

Totally agree. The other examples though, 2021 buys flipped over in 2022...I guess that's the damage of long consignment lead times?

Buying at auction and immediately flipping art at auction has always been a bit dicey IMO.    Gotta hold for at least a little while, most of the time.

Edited by Bronty

I hear you on the Punisher page.   Although that's probably another one where I wouldn't jump off a cliff.   

Edited by Bronty

On 6/19/2022 at 4:45 PM, Bill C said:

31.2K for an unpublished golden age Wonder Woman page- seem healthy to our GA collectors? I see tiers of unpublished GA DC often enough, usually not full pages though.

that seems strong.

So much Scrooge McDuck... God bless whoever collects this but I don't get it (shrug)

Edited by Race

On 6/19/2022 at 4:57 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Anyone want to explain the none DD - DD page by JRJR?

$48,000.... um.... what?!?

On 6/19/2022 at 4:53 PM, Race said:

So much Scrooge McDuck... God bless whoever collects this but I don't get it (shrug)

I love Rosa, but those later stories with the empty word bubbles - tough to appreciate.   I thought the cover sold cheap at 14k and change compared to past comps.

On 6/19/2022 at 4:45 PM, Bill C said:

31.2K for an unpublished golden age Wonder Woman page- seem healthy to our GA collectors? I see tiers of unpublished GA DC often enough, usually not full pages though.

Pre-1980's Wonder Woman art is generally hard to find.  Sometimes an HG Peter tier will show up.  This complete page had Steve Trevor, Diana Prince and Wonder Woman.  Really nice.