• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2022 at 1:57 PM, Heidjer Staecker said:

Well given the doom and gloom economic outlook, there have been a lot of bargains today.  ;-)

Are you serious or are you joking? I was hoping for some bargains, but didn’t see many. I was surprised how strong prices were. What went cheap? 

I lost out on a ton of stuff I was interested in because there were some crazy prices. I did win a Ron Garney Ghost Rider DpS for a relative bargain, and an X-Men annual page that I really wanted. But one thing I've learned from this auction is that I think I missed my shot at getting a Romita ASM panel page. Damn!

Was zero for six... would have bid up some pages more but just can't stomach paying $1,500-$2,000 in BP... the good news is all of these unused funds will now roll into the Hake's auction in July!

On 6/19/2022 at 1:45 PM, Bill C said:

31.2K for an unpublished golden age Wonder Woman page- seem healthy to our GA collectors? I see tiers of unpublished GA DC often enough, usually not full pages though.

One of the few full pages and the only one I have seen where she changes from Diana to WW. I think that is why it went so high. I figured it would go for less than 1/2 that much. A splash sold at LA Con in 2018 for $20K, most full WW panel pages do not usually hit the open market.

On 6/19/2022 at 3:58 PM, Twanj said:

That was a great Silvestri page! No softening prices on those.

Oh for sure. I wouldn’t have been surprised if it had gone higher. House ads are a weird beast that can end anywhere. Honestly, I was surprised they put it in the Sunday. It ended so late, I’m wondering if there were lots people skipped bidding on, just to shoot their shot at it. 

On 6/19/2022 at 5:46 PM, fsumavila said:

I lost out on a ton of stuff I was interested in because there were some crazy prices. I did win a Ron Garney Ghost Rider DpS for a relative bargain, and an X-Men annual page that I really wanted. But one thing I've learned from this auction is that I think I missed my shot at getting a Romita ASM panel page. Damn!

Yup, the Garney was mine and you got it for half the price I paid 

On 6/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, tfish1 said:

For sure I bid 1st appearance Cerebus

outbid on several lots I was interested in :( 

I was happy to pull down the DD #1 page though :) 

Congrats man. That’s one of the most beautifully drawn pages one could ever lay eyes on. Bill Everett yes 👍 

On 6/20/2022 at 2:58 AM, Bill C said:

w..t..f..

I'm only half-surprised.

One of the most powerful drawing from Lee from his Image era.

When this drawing came out, I thought he had made a good use of his Miller inspiration, and that is was a good occasion for him to show his range of abilities outside the pure superhero stuff.

On 6/19/2022 at 9:49 PM, delekkerste said:

IIRC it was around 2017-18 (plus or minus a year on either end) that its existence became known. And then there were rumors flying left and right about it being for sale privately, and offers north of $2 million being thrown about and snags being hit and ultimately nothing happening. And now, with the market doing what it's been doing, there's been renewed speculation that maybe it will finally hit the auction block.

Felix talked about it on a Felix Comic Art podcast a while back; can't remember which episode it was, though. Maybe it's mentioned in one of the episode descriptions or maybe someone remembers which one it was.

I don't know what it would sell for, but, I'd say it would almost certainly break the Zeck page's record. The only question is by how much...

Thanks for the info gene

I was chatting with a major comic art dealer who mentioned he had two collectors who told him they would pay $4 million if the dealer could procure the art