• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2022 at 8:04 AM, grapeape said:

TOS 39  Iron Man Story Page 13 Original Art (Marvel, 1963).

The last page of Iron Man's first appearance and origin story! 

Image on the left currently at auction. I think it has a chance to

beat the $168,000 paid for the page to the right auctioned in April.

The 2nd panel is killer + the middle panel IM using his heater. the 

last 2 panels full frontal IM plus the walk away recap into the sunset.

Original Comic Art:Story Page, Don Heck Tales of SuspenseOriginal Comic Art:Story Page, Don Heck Tales of Suspense #39 Iron Man Story Page 12 Original Art (Marvel, 1963)....

I’m so jealous of the new owner. What a piece of history. It’s easy to spend other people’s money when we talk on here. Still I will say as much as it cost this was money well spent.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, alxjhnsn said:

Re: Sales Price of DKR #1 Cover

Here are two outstanding images from the book. They were sold about a decade ago for circa $500K. 

Batman.jpg

Has high end art gone up 5x in the last 10 years? 

Does that set the floor at $2.5M. Could be. 

Well reasoned Alex. 

Contrary to some previous posts, there were several bargains in this auction.  I won't present a comprehensive list, but the one that sticks out the most to me is the Larsen Spiderman 21 DPS which sold for just under $11K.  I am no fan of Larsen's work, but based on comparable sales, I think most would agree this went for a discount of approximately $30K.

Anyone else want to chime in on other bargains from this auction? 

Original Comic Art:Story Page, Erik Larsen and Rodney Ramos The Amazing Spider-Man #21 Double Page Spread 2-3 Original Art (Marvel, 2000)....

On 6/16/2022 at 2:09 PM, Brian Peck said:

Yup, definitely no Great Crash.

On 6/16/2022 at 2:14 PM, buttock said:

Total spray fart on the DKR cover.  Talk about anticlimactic.  Still a very impressive price and makes the SW8 page even more incomprehensible. 

If not for the SW8 sale, people would probably be losing their minds over this price.  But the $3.6m set a crazy benchmark that everyone then based their predictions for this piece on.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:26 AM, tth2 said:

If not for the SW8 sale, people would probably be losing their minds over this price.  But the $3.6m set a crazy benchmark that everyone then based their predictions for this piece on.

Agreed.  I think you just have to eliminate the SW8 sale from any discussions of value as it's clearly an outlier.