• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

R.I.P. Neal Adams
9 9

189 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2022 at 4:18 PM, Cat said:

Everything big he did was before my time, yet in fully aware of it, that's how much of an impact he had. Funnily enough, just the other night I was thinking to myself that I should get an Adams signed book. Obviously that idea is out the window, thanks to all the vultures that will now spring up. His work cannot be overstated, and wherever he's gone now, I hope he's got his answer as to the whole hollow Earth thing. 

Do you  Care What Book it is on?

I just saw this sad news. :frown:

We have lost so many legends in this hobby and he was one of its greatest.

I never got to meet him, but he will certainly be missed.  Thank you, Neal, for all of your contributions. 

Was reading the story of Frank Brunners career in Comic Book Artist 6, last night. The kind things that Frank said about Neal and the type of philosopher/mentor he was at Marvel during the Brodsky transition, really gave me a greater appreciation for a guy I already had an immense admiration for. This is a sad day indeed.

Neal Adams was the reason I'd ride my bike to my LCS even when I knew no new comics which I collected were out - I would just go thru the back issues bins hunting for his covers. One of my happiest collecting memories was when I found a beat up GL/GA 76 for a buck or two.

R.I.P. and thank you for all the thrills you gave a young kid when he found your work.