• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

R.I.P. Neal Adams
9 9

189 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2022 at 9:29 AM, namisgr said:

Great with action.  Great with anatomy.  Great with faces and emotions.  Great colorist.  Great visual storyteller.  Legendary impact on creators.  RIP to Neal Adams, and my condolences to his family and close friends.

Av95splash.jpg.ada4fd30c996ac130fc31b0bbf7a31c4.jpg

One of my all time favorites and the page that got me hooked on Neal Adams. 

I've realized this week that my Neal Adams collection is woefully incomplete. What a loss to the industry, the collecting community, and the arts in general. He was so active and productive before Covid, I was hoping to get to visit his booth again soon at a show now that the pandemic is kind of sort of in the rear view.

I don't mean to bring negativity into this thread but I was a little taken aback that Roy Thomas felt the need to reference Neal fighting (rightfully) for writing credit a few years back in his initial remembrance post. Seriously, who does something so self-serving and passive-aggressive in a *memorial* message?? There's no need at all to bring that up and I was taken aback by it; not a great move by a guy old enough to know better.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:23 AM, Aman619 said:

Bad form, but Neal’s rep with other pros was, well, more than a little strained.

Not an excuse though. The good outweighs the bad in Neal's case- ask Siegel & Shuster, ask Ayers, ask a dozen other guys- Neal rightfully explained that the Marvel Method means the artist tells the story and that upset Roy Thomas, whatever- Neal dying literally 48 hours before does not constitute having to reference that because he's still upset at Neal saying that. 

On 5/1/2022 at 8:32 PM, Larryw7 said:

A classic Adams wrap around cover.

vf1TN3.jpg

JmIH1z.jpg

That deserves to be an omnibus cover JSA/JLA crossovers. That's if DC remembers they even have a JSA anymore.