• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney +'s DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN show starring Charlie Cox (2025)
4 4

214 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2024 at 3:21 PM, Bosco685 said:

This is actually a comment that I can have some belief in - the DD show raised the bar for brutal action in a show, and it's a relief that even though they've brought DD to Disney, that they are (allegedly) making a conscious effort to keep one of the attributes of the previous show alive. 

On 9/4/2024 at 10:43 AM, Dr. Balls said:

This is actually a comment that I can have some belief in - the DD show raised the bar for brutal action in a show, and it's a relief that even though they've brought DD to Disney, that they are (allegedly) making a conscious effort to keep one of the attributes of the previous show alive. 

That fight scene in the 1st Netflix run was incredible. 

'Daredevil': The story behind that one-take hallway fight

On 9/4/2024 at 8:51 AM, VintageComics said:

That fight scene in the 1st Netflix run was incredible. 

'Daredevil': The story behind that one-take hallway fight

Any and all doubt was erased about the show when they had that fight scene. Easily my favorite this side of the original Old Boy corridor fight.

On 9/4/2024 at 11:21 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Any and all doubt was erased about the show when they had that fight scene. Easily my favorite this side of the original Old Boy corridor fight.

I don't know, man. This seems like a way better fight scene. Less guys overall, but more realistic and great cinematography. 

On 9/5/2024 at 10:53 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

It just goes to show how amazing something can be when the people crafting it care and respect the source material.

And how much something can suck when they don't. 

Even though it's obvious, it needs to be spelled out in crayon for people who still don't get it. 

What is amazing about Daredevil is how different the show was from the comic books and yet they still nailed the essence of the character and also what people wanted to see. There was no preaching, SJW messages or propaganda. It was just great entertainment. 

Was there anyone that actually complained about the DD Netflix series or gave it negative reviews?

Edited by VintageComics

On 9/5/2024 at 10:57 AM, VintageComics said:

And how much something can suck when they don't. 

Even though it's obvious, it needs to be spelled out in crayon for people who still don't get it. 

I wish I could be hired as a consultant on all comic book movies. I would only need to talk for a couple minutes on each one to show what they're doing right/wrong.

It's all pretty simple of any of us, really...if you've loved and read comics for multiple decades. Most of these people have not.

On 9/5/2024 at 10:59 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

I wish I could be hired as a consultant on all comic book movies. I would only need to talk for a couple minutes on each one to show what they're doing right/wrong.

It's all pretty simple of any of us, really...if you've loved and read comics for multiple decades. Most of these people have not.

It still cracks me up that none of the She Hulk writers had read even 1 comic.