• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney +'s DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN show starring Charlie Cox (2025)
4 4

190 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2023 at 8:41 AM, Eclipse said:

All of the NY shows except this one are back in business. Sets are standing (i saw a few of them during construction) but everything is just remaining on the stages and the crew is on hold until they are ready to go back.

Isn't this because of the complete rewrite? 

On 11/14/2023 at 3:24 PM, VintageComics said:

Imma go on record and say Daredevil was the best Netflix story they did from the MCU realm and I am really looking forward to this. 

Whatever magic they captured, they need to make sure they can get their shizzle together and match or repeat it because people's patience is wearing thin. 

If Marvel doesn't bounce back they'll be done for good. They have a few strings left to pull and besides X-men and FF, this is about the only one left that can really make an impact. 

Call me on it in 2 years.

Daredevil was a textbook example of how to do comic shows right. Along with Smallville, Gotham, and S.H.I.E.L.D. it's obvious that the best approach is for the studio to be invested and ready to do multi-seasons. I almost wish the parent companies would pull back from Hollywood and treat us to the type of television we all deserve after all of our faithfulness. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/17/2023 at 12:21 AM, jimjum12 said:

Daredevil was a textbook example of how to do comic shows right. Along with Smallville, Gotham, and S.H.I.E.L.D. it's obvious that the best approach is for the studio to be invested and ready to do multi-seasons. I almost wish the parent companies would pull back from Hollywood and treat us to the type of television we all deserve after all of our faithfulness. GOD BLESS ... 

I would love it if Marvel could commit to a 20+ season show like AoS again. Once they got their footing, it was non-stop great episodes right up to the end, chock-full of great stories, arcs and character development. It's like Hollywood got this idea that plodding character development crammed into 3-4 incredibly slow episodes with 2-3 episode ramp-up and payoff is worth watching. It's not (looking at you Secret Invasion). Give me character development that spans 20-40 episodes interspersed with action and story. I don't want 40 minutes of boring backstory. Spread it out and make a longer season.

On 11/17/2023 at 2:21 AM, jimjum12 said:

I only watched Gotham and Daredevil and I felt Gotham was terrible, but maybe it got better after the 1st season?

It felt cheap and amateurish to me when compared to Daredevil, which I think was on the level of Breaking Bad and GOT. 

If everything Marvel put out was as good as DD, nobody would be complain about anything. Instead, I felt the Jessica Jones, etc stuff was meh.

On 11/17/2023 at 1:04 PM, VintageComics said:

I only watched Gotham and Daredevil and I felt Gotham was terrible, but maybe it got better after the 1st season?

It felt cheap and amateurish to me when compared to Daredevil, which I think was on the level of Breaking Bad and GOT. 

If everything Marvel put out was as good as DD, nobody would be complain about anything. Instead, I felt the Jessica Jones, etc stuff was meh.

I think there's something to be said about which shows air on which network - and expectations need to be adjusted.

The CW: low budget, lesser-known actors, but with the right stories - can be really awesome despite limitations (Arrow seasons 1-2, Flash seasons 1-2, Supernatural)

Fox/ABC/NBC: medium budget with established character actors but with stronger story lines accentuating limited effects can really make compelling TV. The first season of Heroes on NBC was light years ahead of it's time. I felt Gotham had a pretty good look and feel, and I enjoyed it but Fish Mooney ruined the whole vibe in every scene she was in.

Netflix: Practically the Gold Standard for comic shows, with a large budget. Now before you lambaste me with Iron FIst - take a look at the show as a whole package. Detailed sets and atmosphere, excellent actors (aside for a few 'meh' ones) and an aire of dedication to the show by said actors made it such a great package. I wasn't into JJ, but can't deny how well it was executed.

Disney: Saudi Prince-level budget, but suffers from we-have-so-much-money-to-throw-at-this-it-can't-fail mentality, they trip over themselves every show by giving showrunners with no imagination limitless options. A-list actors across the board, but poor writing and execution makes it a crying shame they can't get it together.

My point: I will watch The Flash and enjoy myself heartily because I can live with the limitations that network has, and I scale up from there. The sticking point is that Disney/Marvel should be producing emmy-winning TV shows with all of their resources they have, but they continually squander their potential for a variety of reasons.

On 11/17/2023 at 6:01 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I think there's something to be said about which shows air on which network - and expectations need to be adjusted.

The CW: low budget, lesser-known actors, but with the right stories - can be really awesome despite limitations (Arrow seasons 1-2, Flash seasons 1-2, Supernatural)

Fox/ABC/NBC: medium budget with established character actors but with stronger story lines accentuating limited effects can really make compelling TV. The first season of Heroes on NBC was light years ahead of it's time. I felt Gotham had a pretty good look and feel, and I enjoyed it but Fish Mooney ruined the whole vibe in every scene she was in.

Netflix: Practically the Gold Standard for comic shows, with a large budget. Now before you lambaste me with Iron FIst - take a look at the show as a whole package. Detailed sets and atmosphere, excellent actors (aside for a few 'meh' ones) and an aire of dedication to the show by said actors made it such a great package. I wasn't into JJ, but can't deny how well it was executed.

Disney: Saudi Prince-level budget, but suffers from we-have-so-much-money-to-throw-at-this-it-can't-fail mentality, they trip over themselves every show by giving showrunners with no imagination limitless options. A-list actors across the board, but poor writing and execution makes it a crying shame they can't get it together.

My point: I will watch The Flash and enjoy myself heartily because I can live with the limitations that network has, and I scale up from there. The sticking point is that Disney/Marvel should be producing emmy-winning TV shows with all of their resources they have, but they continually squander their potential for a variety of reasons.

I'm at a point where I just can't be bothered to watch mediocre stuff anymore. I'm old and my time is limited! lol

I've cut out the majority of my television and will usually only catch either an old movie I love or something new if I really feel it's worth my time. 

Every once in a while I come across a hidden gem that I think is great, or someone recommends something like the ARQ Sci Fi movie Paqart recommended which was incredible, for example. I'd NEVER have watched that movie otherwise but I thought it was better than anything Disney put out in the last 3-5 years (honestly).

And it was low budget - like $2MIL. The entire movie was pretty much filmed in one house. I normally HATE movies that are all filmed in one location such as movies all filmed in an airplane or a phone booth, but this movie was so well paced, well filmed and even well acted that it was GREAT. 

I just don't understand how someone can spend $2MIL and make a great film but "the pros" spend $250MIL and make a flop. The formula is absolutely broken and it needs to be thrown away and reinvented.

And that doesn't mean Feige needs to go. What it means is that Feige needs to be given total control with zero pressure from the bosses because THAT was the formula that worked. 

Feige may have "total control", wink, wink, but Iger (or Disney / Chapek / whatever outside forces there are that we previously discussed) ABSOLUTELY are still influencing Feige and it's apparent. They've openly admitted it. 

Even if it's just pressure to produce more content (as the execs yell from the back office "WE NEED ANOTHER RECORD") it is RUINING THE COMPANY.

The best art comes from the artist, not from the accountant. 

BTW, it's worth pointing out that if Paqart hadn't made the OT post about ARQ, I'd never have heard about it. (worship)

Conversation and interaction is the lifeblood of society. It's a beautiful thing. How some accept it is on them, not on the person talking. 

On 11/17/2023 at 4:16 PM, VintageComics said:

I just don't understand how someone can spend $2MIL and make a great film but "the pros" spend $250MIL and make a flop. The formula is absolutely broken and it needs to be thrown away and reinvented.

When I was in college (for graphic design), my instructor had a sample poster on the wall from a paper company - this thing was embossed, foil-stamped, printed in 4 color with two spot color inks, die cut, deckled edged and with a hologram on it - a poster produced with all those special techniques would have cost 20X what a normal poster would cost to print. She was so excited to point out *all* the creative things you could do with printing. My comment was:

"Well, you can pretty much do whatever you want with an unlimited budget. Isn't it more impressive to produce something creative on a limited budget?"

She wasn't real impressed with my question - but my point was that unlimited budget doesn't mean something is creative or well-executed. There is something to be said telling someone you only have X amount of money to spend, impress us!

On 11/17/2023 at 6:23 PM, Dr. Balls said:

but my point was that unlimited budget doesn't mean something is creative or well-executed.

The problem is that people are convinced as a rule that more money means more quality and that's not the case. It's quite literally like a brainwashing and it's apparent in every industry. It certainly was in cars and comics, the two I grew up in.

For example with comics, people think paying top dollar for a 9.8 is enough, but people have varying criteria for even 9.8s but novices don't see that. 

Same with automotive. You can spend $500K for a Bentley, and while I can't say definitely due to being out of the industry for 14 years, but it used to be that a $20K honda was technically a more reliable car. 

So it's a general rule that you get what you pay for but it's not a specific rule. 

On 11/17/2023 at 6:23 PM, Dr. Balls said:

There is something to be said telling someone you only have X amount of money to spend, impress us!

This is an incredible point, and one that can't be stressed enough. 

Necessity is the mother of invention, and in the same vein when I coached soccer when I gave the kids plenty of time (resources) to score a goal during drills, they couldn't make it happen. 

I would cut the clock by a few seconds with every drill. 10, 7, 5 and finally 3 seconds. 

At 3 seconds, the pressure was so great that they would hyper focus and something eventually would lead to goal more often than not. 

In fact, procrastination and hyper focus under pressure is often a sign of a high achiever and MANY highly successful people operate like this. The adrenaline gets going and you get into salvation mode - you have to save your skin and come up with a solution and all the gears then align. 

Feige's bank was so bloated that it literally lulled them to sleep.

I'll bet if he cut his budget in half for every movie, they'd make better movies. (Disney, send me the check please?)

Look at Oppenheimer. $100MIL budget, ZERO CGI effects, one of the best movies of the year. And it made $1BIL (rouhgly), so 10 X it's money.

Meanwhile, The Dark Knight, probably the best of the trilogy was filmed at nearly DOUBLE the budget ($185MIL) and made the same total ($1BIL) and 'only' made 6 X

Which is the better investment? Which is the better movie?

That's what I'm talking about, biznatches! 

Pressure is a GOOD THING, but most would have you believe it's bad. Those people are missing out on shaping diamonds!

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/15/2023 at 8:41 AM, Eclipse said:

All of the NY shows except this one are back in business. Sets are standing (i saw a few of them during construction) but everything is just remaining on the stages and the crew is on hold until they are ready to go back.

My friend who works at Silvercup Studios in Long Island City in Queens, NY said that they will start filming again in January. 

On 11/17/2023 at 5:16 PM, VintageComics said:

I'm at a point where I just can't be bothered to watch mediocre stuff anymore. I'm old and my time is limited! lol

I've cut out the majority of my television and will usually only catch either an old movie I love or something new if I really feel it's worth my time. 

Every once in a while I come across a hidden gem that I think is great, or someone recommends something like the ARQ Sci Fi movie Paqart recommended which was incredible, for example. I'd NEVER have watched that movie otherwise but I thought it was better than anything Disney put out in the last 3-5 years (honestly).

And it was low budget - like $2MIL. The entire movie was pretty much filmed in one house. I normally HATE movies that are all filmed in one location such as movies all filmed in an airplane or a phone booth, but this movie was so well paced, well filmed and even well acted that it was GREAT. 

And that doesn't mean Feige needs to go. What it means is that Feige needs to be given total control with zero pressure from the bosses because THAT was the formula that worked. 

Feige may have "total control", wink, wink, but Iger (or Disney / Chapek / whatever outside forces there are that we previously discussed) ABSOLUTELY are still influencing Feige and it's apparent. They've openly admitted it. 

Even if it's just pressure to produce more content (as the execs yell from the back office "WE NEED ANOTHER RECORD") it is RUINING THE COMPANY.

The best art comes from the artist, not from the accountant. 

I liked the show "The Expanse" once I got past the first four episodes.  Nearly quit watching until episode five.  Series was awesome! 

On 11/17/2023 at 11:12 PM, mr_highgrade said:

My friend who works at Silvercup Studios in Long Island City in Queens, NY said that they will start filming again in January. 

That's possible, i just mean the other shows went back last week. I spoke to the art director on this show a few days ago and he said they didnt give anyone a definite return date yet.

New news on Crossover series (at least to me). It sounds like Marvel is using Echo and Deadpool/Wolverine to test the market for violent shows. Also, they’re putting together a crossover event in Echo, Born Again and Spider-Man 4 that’s going to lead into a storyline based on Devil’s Reign. I’m in!

On 12/24/2023 at 1:54 PM, Matt1982 said:

New news on Crossover series (at least to me). It sounds like Marvel is using Echo and Deadpool/Wolverine to test the market for violent shows. Also, they’re putting together a crossover event in Echo, Born Again and Spider-Man 4 that’s going to lead into a storyline based on Devil’s Reign. I’m in!

Yup. The Marvel Spotlight part of the MCU shows which will have a darker tone and story focus. This came out in the Echo thread. But a good thing to remind folks about that are bored with the modern MCU content.

I’m currently watching seasons 1 and 2 of Netflix Daredevil on Blu-ray. Really excellent stuff. Compared to the current Phase, Marvel Studios garbage, it’s more sophisticated, thinking person’s super-hero material, with great dialogue about the grey areas of morality and the psychological effects of trauma and loss. Charlie Cox is perfect in the main role, and pleased that he’ll be back.  Hopefully Disney will continue at the same standard with the upcoming adaptations. I know it’s wishful thinking, given their utter uselessness at present, but one can only hope.

On 12/24/2023 at 2:15 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I’m currently watching seasons 1 and 2 of Netflix Daredevil on Blu-ray. Really excellent stuff. Compared to the current Phase, Marvel Studios garbage, it’s more sophisticated, thinking person’s super-hero material, with great dialogue about the grey areas of morality and the psychological effects of trauma and loss. Charlie Cox is perfect in the main role, and pleased that he’ll be back.  Hopefully Disney will continue at the same standard with the upcoming adaptations. I know it’s wishful thinking, given their utter uselessness at present, but one can only hope.

He’s excellent. I saw Joe Quesada do a panel at a ComicCon, and he said they cast Charlie Cox because of how good he was in Boardwalk Empire. They were impressed by his ability - as that character - to seamlessly move back and forth between tender love and soulless violence.

On 12/24/2023 at 8:19 PM, Matt1982 said:

He’s excellent. I saw Joe Quesada do a panel at a ComicCon, and he said they cast Charlie Cox because of how good he was in Boardwalk Empire. They were impressed by his ability - as that character - to seamlessly move back and forth between tender love and soulless violence.

I can imagine a similar decision was made for Jon Bernthal as The Punisher, being equally brilliant casting, judging from his classic graveyard monologue in season 2.

On 12/24/2023 at 12:15 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Agreed. 

My wife just started watching season 3 for the first time last night. The actor who plays Bullseye she likes from some romantical show she watches. I sat down to rewatch a couple episodes with her. 

Man, I forgot how good this show is.