• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney +'s DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN show starring Charlie Cox (2025)
4 4

189 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2023 at 2:52 AM, Bosco685 said:

And that's the sad state of modern MCU films and shows. A play on wildly popular comic book source material to utilize recognizable story titles but not the actual content to be trendy, 'inclusive' while owning the trolls (whomever they assume they are - which now is anyone demanding they honor the source material).

I hope we're wrong. As I so enjoyed the Netflix series.

I'd rather not follow the Born Again storyline because I've read the books and would rather get something new. I do, however, hope they stick with the storyline of the Kingpin mentally torturing MM. That was so incredibly well done in the books, it's what makes Kingpin one of my favorite characters. It sounds like it's going to be more along the lines of the end of Series 5 though, where Kingpin runs for Mayor of NYC.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:55 AM, Matt1982 said:

I'd rather not follow the Born Again storyline because I've read the books and would rather get something new.

I think DD show has earned the street cred to develop something new or inspired by, rather than going off a storyline. I really liked how they worked The Punisher into season 2 without having to rely on a specific story. I’d love to see more of that in the show.

On 5/10/2023 at 12:59 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I think DD show has earned the street cred to develop something new or inspired by, rather than going off a storyline. I really liked how they worked The Punisher into season 2 without having to rely on a specific story. I’d love to see more of that in the show.

This is disney DD though I'm sure it's going to be different.  

On 5/10/2023 at 6:10 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

This is disney DD though I'm sure it's going to be different.  

Yeah, I'm not sure they are going to be as graphic as the previous ones. Which is unfortunate - not that it has to be graphic to be good, but the violence lent itself to the grittiness of the show.

On 5/10/2023 at 8:42 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Yeah, I'm not sure they are going to be as graphic as the previous ones. Which is unfortunate - not that it has to be graphic to be good, but the violence lent itself to the grittiness of the show.

I am so glad I picked up the Netflix Daredevil show on blu-ray. So worth rewatching.

:headbang:

I really enjoyed Cox's Daredevil.  My only quibble would be that there was  too many ninjas in Season 2.  Way too many ninjas.  After "American Ninja 2: The Confrontation" set the standard of ninja action, I was all set.  My 2c 

Is he going to guest in Season 2 of "She Hulk?"  That was a funny episode.

'A Disney Scam': Netflix's Daredevil Showrunner Slams MCU Reboot Decision

The showrunner of Netflix's Daredevil Season 1, Steven McKnight, has responded to a post on X (formerly Twitter) regarding the Daredevil: Born Again Disney+ reboot.

McKnight was recently tagged in a message, posted by Thomas (identifying himself as a crew member of the Netflix Marvel shows), who wrote that "they cancel[ed] Daredevil once crew got full raise and holiday/vacation pay:"

"And not only did they cancel Daredevil once crew got full raise and holiday/vacation pay…. The Disney+ reboot is back to season one IATSE contract terms. It’s a f****** scam. I wonder if Steven DeKnight knows that!"

This prompted McKnight's response, calling this move to reboot the Daredevil show after three seasons "an old Disney scam:"

"It’s an old Disney scam where they slightly rename a series to reset contract terms back to first season. Needs to be addressed by all the guilds/unions and crushed!"

On 9/19/2023 at 4:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

Hopefully Disney+ won't do a Daredevil show, for if it did, it would cause more harm to the IP than otherwise. Disney should end all MCU production to protect its valuable asset from itself. 

Edited by TupennyConan
itself

Disney could fark up a free lunch at this point. I've never seen a company take so many examples of working, profitable property assets and damage them to the point of them becoming huge liabilities. It really shows you how much money these corporations make - they can continuously lose money over and over again, because they have one or two entities that prop up the entire conglomerate.

Disney and Marvel haven't produced anything remotely of quality since they cancelled the Netflix shows. They should have stuck with independent studios managing their properties, because it's pretty glaring that they don't have a single person up to the task.

Edited by Dr. Balls