• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney +'s DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN show starring Charlie Cox (2025)
4 4

190 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2023 at 3:15 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I’m currently watching seasons 1 and 2 of Netflix Daredevil on Blu-ray. Really excellent stuff. Compared to the current Phase, Marvel Studios garbage, it’s more sophisticated, thinking person’s super-hero material, with great dialogue about the grey areas of morality and the psychological effects of trauma and loss. Charlie Cox is perfect in the main role, and pleased that he’ll be back.  Hopefully Disney will continue at the same standard with the upcoming adaptations. I know it’s wishful thinking, given their utter uselessness at present, but one can only hope.

On 12/24/2023 at 5:27 PM, Number 6 said:

Agreed. 

My wife just started watching season 3 for the first time last night. The actor who plays Bullseye she likes from some romantical show she watches. I sat down to rewatch a couple episodes with her. 

Man, I forgot how good this show is. 

I lucked out early on in picking up Daredevil Season One and Two blu-rays when they came out. Glad I did. I don't think I ever saw Season Three as a blu-ray set, but more had to stoop to a Chinese knockoff DVD set that actually turned out well.

Definitely one of the best comic book series to date. :headbang:

In the vast MCU, there are a small handful of actors that I absolutely love their portrayal of a character- and Debra Ann Will as Karen Page is one of them.

Opinions differ on her, but I enjoyed everything she brought to the character and am super excited she’s back.

On 1/13/2024 at 3:18 PM, Dr. Balls said:

In the vast MCU, there are a small handful of actors that I absolutely love their portrayal of a character- and Debra Ann Will as Karen Page is one of them.

Opinions differ on her, but I enjoyed everything she brought to the character and am super excited she’s back.

She gets me excited, too.

On 1/13/2024 at 5:31 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

fantastic news but won't make a lick of difference if the current crop of Marvel Studios writers is helming the series instead of the competent Netflix series' writers 

With the news that Marvel Studios trashed the original show concept and changed the showrunner completely we avoided this trash

image.png.46ed0dbaf1f13b6e26f02a00a44b3485.png

So I am holding out hope for now.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

fingers-crossed-3.gif.a17713506a5fb96a2a26e60f4960773f.gif

On 1/13/2024 at 4:37 PM, Bosco685 said:

With the news that Marvel Studios trashed the original show concept and changed the showrunner completely we avoided this trash

image.png.46ed0dbaf1f13b6e26f02a00a44b3485.png

So I am holding out hope for now.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

fingers-crossed-3.gif.a17713506a5fb96a2a26e60f4960773f.gif

Off-screen death? Wow. I might have shut the show off right then and there. That’s some serious 80’s style writing, pretty low bar. I hope the “writers” of the first iteration of Born Again have all been fired.

On 1/20/2024 at 3:52 PM, ThothAmon said:

We’re certainly due!  Any idea which comics the storyline comes from?

Sounds like it’s going to be loosely based on Devil’s Reign, with Kingpin becoming Mayor of NYC and then recruiting villains to “arrest” heroes. The cool thing about that would be the huge number of cameo possibilities. The disappointing part would be not using the actual Born Again storyline where Kingpin uses DD’s secret identity to wage psychological warfare on him.

Wilson Bethel's Bullseye Returning for Daredevil: Born Again (Exclusive)

Bullseye is back. ComicBook.com can report Wilson Bethel's Benjamin Poindexter, a fan-favorite from the third season of Netflix's Daredevil, is returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe during the events of Daredevil: Born Again. While it's unclear how extensive his role will be, Bethel's beloved Bullseye will, in fact, appear. Marvel did not respond to comment.

Born Again, one of the few Marvel Studios projects that shut down principal photography because of last year's labor strikes, recently picked filming back up ahead of its presumed 2025 release. While shut down, Marvel Studios put the show into a creative overhaul, which resulted in a sizable shakeup to the show's release plans. Not only was the show's episode order shortened, but the series got a new showrunner in The Punisher's Dario Scarpadene. Moon Knight and Loki Season 2 helmers Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead are now directing the remaining episodes to film. It's expected a new pilot will be filmed, and the show will keep the five or six episodes it's already filmed. Instead of the original 18-episode order, fans should be able to expect something in the range of what the show's original 13-episode seasons looked like on Netflix.