• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney +'s DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN show starring Charlie Cox (2025)
4 4

190 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2023 at 8:18 AM, Cat said:

Hollywood Reporter's piece on what happened to Daredevil. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-marvel-disney-1235614518/

according to the article, the direction they had taken did not even have dd in costume until ep4. they call it a 'legal procedural.' good g*d what an idiotic direction that would have been. better late than never to start over. 

Still amazes me that a group of executives watching the Netlfix DD show stood up and said "YUP, THAT SUCKS - LET'S REBOOT IT." Even if there were issues with licensing, content ownership or whatever other legal entanglements - the cost of those issues is probably a push compared to halting production halfway through the season and restarting everything.

It's amazing what an excess of cash can do to cover up the lack of foresight.

On 9/22/2023 at 12:34 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Disney could fark up a free lunch at this point. I've never seen a company take so many examples of working, profitable property assets and damage them to the point of them becoming huge liabilities. It really shows you how much money these corporations make - they can continuously lose money over and over again, because they have one or two entities that prop up the entire conglomerate.

Disney and Marvel haven't produced anything remotely of quality since they cancelled the Netflix shows. They should have stuck with independent studios managing their properties, because it's pretty glaring that they don't have a single person up to the task.

Remember, we're talking about a company that can't even keep Donald and Mickey relevant, and those concepts SHOULD be timeless with a little generational tweaking. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 10/13/2023 at 12:30 PM, Dr. Balls said:

It's amazing what an excess of cash can do

I think what they have is an excess of denseness. They definitely skipped any classes involving fluid management in College. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

The storyline from the Born Again comics is one of the best ever. Why you would call this "Born Again," but move away from the original concept, is completely beyond me. I do look forward to a new story, but one that compromises DD's identity and puts MM/DD in a psychological war of chess with the Kingpin is something that would keep me up at nights in anticipation.

On 11/14/2023 at 12:39 PM, Matt1982 said:

The storyline from the Born Again comics is one of the best ever. Why you would call this "Born Again," but move away from the original concept, is completely beyond me. I do look forward to a new story, but one that compromises DD's identity and puts MM/DD in a psychological war of chess with the Kingpin is something that would keep me up at nights in anticipation.

See MCU decision on 'Secret Invasion'...

Marvel Warned New MCU Disney+ Director Not to Read the Comics

Speaking with Screen Rant, Secret Invasion director Ali Selim revealed why he was told not to read anything from Marvel Comics before his work on the new Disney+ series. When he signed on for the job, he noted that the first note he got was "don't read the comics," with Marvel telling him that the comics "had nothing to do" with the story that Marvel Studios looked to tell in this series:

"When I took on this job as director, I didn't write the script. So a lot of those decisions were made by Kyle Bradstreet and the other team of writers that we had. The first thing I was told is don't read the comics. It had nothing to do with what we're trying to do here." 

Instead, the MCU looked to focus on the bonds built between Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn during their screentime together in Captain Marvel, which would "serve that relationship" and push the MCU's boundaries:

"This story was really born out of the electricity created between Sam Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn or Nick Fury and Talos in 'Captain Marvel.' And they said, 'Oh, we got to do something with that.' So they found a story that would serve that relationship and would expand the MCU and other characters who are not in the comic books. I think it's a story unto itself."

This isn't the first time that comments like this have been made about the MCU, as Marvel Studios VP of Production & Development Nate Moore noted that writers who already love Marvel Comics are "always a red flag" for him in the hiring process.

For all the folks that circle around "Bryan Singer wouldn't let the X-Men cast read the comic books" welcome to "...and the MCU took that idea and ran with it in Phase IV and beyond!"

:p

Imma go on record and say Daredevil was the best Netflix story they did from the MCU realm and I am really looking forward to this. 

Whatever magic they captured, they need to make sure they can get their shizzle together and match or repeat it because people's patience is wearing thin. 

If Marvel doesn't bounce back they'll be done for good. They have a few strings left to pull and besides X-men and FF, this is about the only one left that can really make an impact. 

Call me on it in 2 years.

On 11/14/2023 at 2:24 PM, VintageComics said:

Imma go on record and say Daredevil was the best Netflix story they did from the MCU realm and I am really looking forward to this. 

Whatever magic they captured, they need to make sure they can get their shizzle together and match or repeat it because people's patience is wearing thin. 

If Marvel doesn't bounce back they'll be done for good. They have a few strings left to pull and besides X-men and FF, this is about the only one left that can really make an impact. 

Call me on it in 2 years.

I totally agree. I'm hopeful that the Echo series will start to show this, as they went back to the drawing board on it, and the trailer actually looks like they're recognizing the street-level violence of this series. Hoping they stick with that in the DD reboot.