• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney +'s DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN show starring Charlie Cox (2025)
4 4

189 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2023 at 2:38 PM, Matt1982 said:

Putting together a show like this with a big cast requires some changes, just because of actors’ schedules. I don’t know if that happened here, but I know Wohl wanted to come back. Have to assume they’ll be recast as it’s hard to see how you could go anywhere  near the Born Again storyline without Karen and Foggy. I won’t mind seeing a new Karen.

Scheduling is definitely a factor, as well as cost right now as DIS+ is a money losing proposition.

Jenna Ortega is rumored to be in Daredevil. I was just thinking maybe week ago about the Gotg 3 and Adam Warlock. Adam Warlock was teased in Gotg 2 and maybe he never was planned for Avengers Infinity War/End Game but I kinda think that someone in Marvel just saw the Dopesick show and was like we need to cast Will Poulter on something.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:31 AM, godzilla43 said:

Jenna Ortega is rumored to be in Daredevil. I was just thinking maybe week ago about the Gotg 3 and Adam Warlock. Adam Warlock was teased in Gotg 2 and maybe he never was planned for Avengers Infinity War/End Game but I kinda think that someone in Marvel just saw the Dopesick show and was like we need to cast Will Poulter on something.

Jenna Ortega is rumored to be playing White Tiger.

Yeah,  that works for me because I have Avengers Academy 20 and 21 :D Even thou I like Jenna Ortega I am kinda starting to fear about the Daredevil show. The Born Again title might just mean that Daredevil is born again in Disney+. 

I thought that Deborah Ann Wolls Karen Page was perfect. I got the feeling that Karen was a good person but fragile. Also Elden Henson was good as Foggy and I especially liked the scenes with him and Marci.

I hope that Disney+ Daredevil show is good but Disney has a pretty awful track record. Well at least with Daredevil they have a show with hero/main character and a clear BIG bad guy :D Still with this casting I am fearing that the story is not that great and because there is so many episodes the show might be like 1st episode Echo/Punisher, boring episode..., Electra appearance,boring episode...,White tiger appearance...... episode with final battle with Kingpin. 

Why no Karen or Foggy? SPOILER ALERT AND GREAT THEORY!!!

With photos of the set surfacing, people are speculating why Elden Henson and Deborah Woll aren't coming back as Foggy and Karen. One fan noticed that a church bulletin board had a date of 2021 on it. So it's possible that Born Again takes place during the blip, and that Foggy and Karen were blipped out. Who knows, but it's a good theory.

Daredevil: Born Again actor Michael Gandolfini shares a tidbit about his character in the upcoming series while expressing his excitement about passing through Hell's Kitchen for his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut.

Speaking with Collider, Gandolfini was asked if there were any interesting nuances about his undisclosed role or if he could say anything about the plot line in Born Again. The actor wouldn't divulge much, though he did offer up the location his character is from. "I believe all I can say about my character is that my character is from Staten Island, and that's about it."

Gandolfini's character apparently hails from the same location as Ryan Reynolds' Wade Wilson/Deadpool, leading some MCU enthusiasts to speculate about a potential connection between Born Again and Deadpool 3, both of which are scheduled for release in 2024. Additionally, Staten Island is where the Venom symbiote Toxin of the Spider-Man franchise comes from.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:04 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You could have maybe 1 episode of the new series dedicated to The Decimation (calling their return "The Blip" is so hay). Otherwise, it's a waste of time spending so much time dwelling on the past.

The word “decimation” is argued by linguists to be a largely misused word (like “enormity”) because “to decimate” linguistically means to reduce a group by a tenth of its number.

On 3/24/2023 at 7:33 AM, jsilverjanet said:

The blip is disneys crutch for bad or original story telling

Is it bad storytelling? If the MCU is one long connected story, you can’t ignore that five year period when half of all life disappeared and then magically came back. That’s pretty disruptive and I argue would be bad storytelling to simply ignore it.

Further, the Thanos event could be analogous to our own recent real world plague event, where it was almost literally years lost. For the MCU, it’s a realistic way to explain how status quos changed and maybe new heroes emerged because old heroes vanished. 

Either way, if you have a fictional world that is constantly building upon what happened previously, you can’t ignore the Thanos event.

On 3/24/2023 at 7:33 AM, jsilverjanet said:

The blip is disneys crutch for bad or original story telling

I was so excited to see WandaVision. Endgame was in the past & COVID had interrupted new MCU content. WV was terrific - up until the resolution. That poor finish set-up what was to come. I don't know why what was to come has been such a failure. There were some other great Disney+ shows, even with their various flaws: WBN, Hawkeye, What If? Even the less impressive shows had plenty to like. My lady friend loved She-Hulk, therefore I enjoyed it, too. I'm a Hulk & She-Hulk fanboy, additionally. The movies were much harder to like. I understand your point about the blip-crutch. I also give the social politics & bad VFX the side-eye. None of these alone account for what has gone wrong. I'm sorry to see Alonso go. While I never really knew her, I've always known her name. It was synonymous with the MCU miracle. If she was a negative or if she contributed to the failures, then perhaps things will improve.       

On 3/25/2023 at 7:38 AM, TupennyConan said:

I was so excited to see WandaVision. Endgame was in the past & COVID had interrupted new MCU content. WV was terrific - up until the resolution. That poor finish set-up what was to come. I don't know why what was to come has been such a failure. There were some other great Disney+ shows, even with their various flaws: WBN, Hawkeye, What If? Even the less impressive shows had plenty to like. My lady friend loved She-Hulk, therefore I enjoyed it, too. I'm a Hulk & She-Hulk fanboy, additionally. The movies were much harder to like. I understand your point about the blip-crutch. I also give the social politics & bad VFX the side-eye. None of these alone account for what has gone wrong. I'm sorry to see Alonso go. While I never really knew her, I've always known her name. It was synonymous with the MCU miracle. If she was a negative or if she contributed to the failures, then perhaps things will improve.       

Well I can’t argue about the WandaVision finale. What had been built up to that point had been so interesting and complex to me, I was wondering how Marvel would wrap it up in just one episode. And it was wrapped up with a Pulp Fiction-like superhero mishmash party brawl that didn’t really go to anyplace really interesting, to me. A few of the Disney+ Marvel shows have ended this way for me, including Falcon Winter Soldier, Ms Marvel, and Moon Knight. I would’ve liked a real “woah!” ending that left me thinking, and I’m referring to the main story, not the added-on epilogue cliffhanger scenes like Wanda thumbing through Darkholde or Kamala swapping places with Carol. Loki, so far, has really been the only series so far that left me with that “woah!” feeling, again outside of the added-on epilogue cliffhanger scenes.

I myself am a not-puny Hulk fan, and enjoyed She-Hulk enough that I thought my partner might like this one, who, except for Thor Black Panther and Captain Marvel, doesn’t care about the MCU outside of knowing I’m a fan. She really liked the show and was there for every episode but didn’t like the 4th wall breaking finale and thought it was cheap. I told her it was like the comics, and her reply was she doesn’t care about the comics, she just wanted a better ending. An older lady friend of ours who is a big MCU fan liked the show at first but then got turned off by all the silliness mid-way through and hasn’t finished it as far as I know. Anyway, I’ve been interested to know what women fans have thought of the show.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:30 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Ms Marvel

It is hard for me to find anything wrong with this show worth typing. IMO, it was a success.   

On 3/25/2023 at 8:33 AM, TupennyConan said:

It is hard for me to find anything wrong with this show worth typing. IMO, it was a success.   

Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Ms Marvel series. I think I would’ve just liked a finale that matched my expectations that had been built up by the otherwise excellent show, I think. I should probably go back and binge the show again to get a second opinion. 

On 3/25/2023 at 8:41 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Ms Marvel series. I think I would’ve just liked a finale that matched my expectations that had been built up by the otherwise excellent show, I think. I should probably go back and binge the show again to get a second opinion. 

LOKI is the only show I'd like to revisit. When I reup Disney+, I might do that.