• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney +'s DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN show starring Charlie Cox (2025)
4 4

189 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2023 at 9:02 AM, bentbryan said:

I thought WV, Loki and (surprisingly) Hawkeye were the best of the D+ series.  

The WandaVision finale killed my excitement for the show. These two (especially the hard-hitting elements of the story with Hawkeye) I really enjoyed.

WandaVision's softballing ending was cringe-worthy dialogue.

• WANDA: "I'm sorry for all the pain I caused."
  • MONICA: "I know"
  • WANDA: "I don't understand this power. But I will!"
  • WANDA: "Goodbye Monica!" 
  • MONICA: "Bye Wanda!" 

On 3/25/2023 at 10:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

The WandaVision finale killed my excitement for the show. These two (especially the hard-hitting elements of the story with Hawkeye) I really enjoyed.

Same sentiment about the ending. But I enjoyed the lead-up. GoT conditioned me for it. B|

On 3/25/2023 at 10:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

No other way it could have ended.

The show did its job in demonstrating that she was:

1) one of the most powerful beings in the MCU (known to comic collectors following House of M and shown in the MCU when she nearly single-handedly defeated Thanos in Endgame); and

2) She's psychotic - bat-s--t freaking crazy

The *had* to let her go in that moment, as otherwise she would have just disintegrated not just the entire town, but the surrounding area.

Monica understood this, the FBI, etc. understood this - and fandom, the viewers watching at home -- should have understood this as well.

If not, any doubts should have been dispelled by watching her power displays in Dr. Strange: MoM.

To walk back my critique of WandaVision’s finale, it still accomplished the two most important things of most every MCU story: 1)  it powered up the main hero, Wanda into the Scarlet Witch 2) and it addressed the heart of the story, giving Wanda a more meaningful way (for her) to say goodbye to the Vision she knew. My critique was more about the different sub-plots involving secondary characters all coming together and getting solved in what seemed like a rushed manner. 

On 3/25/2023 at 10:58 AM, bentbryan said:

Same sentiment about the ending. But I enjoyed the lead-up. GoT conditioned me for it. B|

Oh, I was having a great time watching the earlier episodes.

But that finale conveyed there are no consequences for the main MCU characters. Even in this case where Wanda had 3,892 innocent Westview citizens under her mind control so as to ease her pain. That's some weak approach to conveying even the strongest heroes can fail.

On 3/25/2023 at 11:03 AM, Gatsby77 said:

No other way it could have ended.

The show did its job in demonstrating that she was:

1) one of the most powerful beings in the MCU (known to comic collectors following House of M and shown in the MCU when she nearly single-handedly defeated Thanos in Endgame); and

2) She's psychotic - bat-s--t freaking crazy

The *had* to let her go in that moment, as otherwise she would have just disintegrated not just the entire town, but the surrounding area.

Monica understood this, the FBI, etc. understood this - and fandom, the viewers watching at home -- should have understood this as well.

If not, any doubts should have been dispelled by watching her power displays in Dr. Strange: MoM.

Not really. Having someone that powerful that manipulated that many people for the sake of a follow-up movie with no consequences at that point in time was weak storytelling.

May as well have had a placeholder card at the end of WandaVision stating, "See - we made her ready to be a villain. So cool - right?"

:facepalm:

On 5/7/2023 at 5:06 PM, NoMan said:

is this based on the Miller "Born Again" story line in DD mid 1985?

I've heard that it is not based on that storyline, and it makes sense given the inclusion of Punisher and Echo.

On 5/8/2023 at 9:04 AM, Matt1982 said:

I've heard that it is not based on that storyline, and it makes sense given the inclusion of Punisher and Echo.

Yeah, I have a feeling this is like Age of Ultron where they’re using the name because it’s catchy and has brand recognition but the series will have little in common with the actual comic series. 

It may also be kind of a sly reference to a character who is closely associated with a Netflix series being “born again” as a character in a series by Disney. 

On 5/8/2023 at 3:54 PM, Number 6 said:

It may also be kind of a sly reference to a character who is closely associated with a Netflix series being “born again” as a character in a series by Disney. 

And that's the sad state of modern MCU films and shows. A play on wildly popular comic book source material to utilize recognizable story titles but not the actual content to be trendy, 'inclusive' while owning the trolls (whomever they assume they are - which now is anyone demanding they honor the source material).

I hope we're wrong. As I so enjoyed the Netflix series.