• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
12 12

970 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2023 at 7:08 PM, ShaggyB said:

Jim lee and friends signing has happened. Facebook has some clips of the 3 discussing stuff and saying hey.

So im down to just the gradings on lee and campbell.... wirh frenz still to go.

Sent Leirix Li in for grading and signing. Pardon the shiny of the foil.

Screenshot_20231204_190722_eBay.thumb.jpg.a7eac978f49759e68208b5bae139c30b.jpg

Checked in today.

And now we wait

Since the move has happened, it seems like the order books are getting graded is way out of whack. I had 2 books from a Convention go into GEI on November 1st. It is still sitting in GEI. I was originally told it was graded before the move and would be encapsulated after the move was done. That was 2-3 weeks ago. Messaged multiple times in the last 7-10 days to ask for an update. Finally got a response apologizing for it being passed the turnaround time, and that they would send a message telling them to find my books immediately and finish them. That was 2 days ago. Those two books are still in GEI, meanwhile, a book that went into GEI on November 22nd, 21 days later, is already at Grading/Quality Control. Anyone else experiencing things like this since CGC's move? Getting a little concerned my books got lost in the move, but if others are dealing with the same issues it will make me feel better that it's not an isolated incident. 

On 12/12/2023 at 11:43 AM, DravinClaw said:

I feel ya, my book has been sitting in grading since the signing 11-8. I check every day but no movement since.

Yeah, that sucks too! I wouldn't have been as concerned if it wasn't for my books that went into grading 3 weeks later are jumping ahead. Though guess if others are experiencing the same issue makes me feel better about the concern of them being lost. Also don't think it helped that my friend, who's books from the same con went to GEI after mine, got his back the week of the move while mine didn't move. Oh well, guess its back to being patient. :flamed:

Edited by Skippeydoo

Yeah no movement on my lee williams signings or my campbell ones.

The one thats annoying me is my ron frenz submissions. Having them pressed too and they say at ccs but the order number isnt a link. Its just text. Called to complain about that last month and its still not fixed.

Edited by ShaggyB

On 12/12/2023 at 12:27 PM, Skippeydoo said:

Since the move has happened, it seems like the order books are getting graded is way out of whack. I had 2 books from a Convention go into GEI on November 1st. It is still sitting in GEI. I was originally told it was graded before the move and would be encapsulated after the move was done. That was 2-3 weeks ago. Messaged multiple times in the last 7-10 days to ask for an update. Finally got a response apologizing for it being passed the turnaround time, and that they would send a message telling them to find my books immediately and finish them. That was 2 days ago. Those two books are still in GEI, meanwhile, a book that went into GEI on November 22nd, 21 days later, is already at Grading/Quality Control. Anyone else experiencing things like this since CGC's move? Getting a little concerned my books got lost in the move, but if others are dealing with the same issues it will make me feel better that it's not an isolated incident. 

I didn’t know there was a move but maybe thats why my recent reholder sub is going on 2.5 weeks and has yet to be logged.

My Frenz book moved to G/E/I today!

On 12/12/2023 at 8:49 PM, Gator Guru said:

I didn’t know there was a move but maybe thats why my recent reholder sub is going on 2.5 weeks and has yet to be logged.

My Frenz book moved to G/E/I today!

Ok that makes me worry quite a bit more.... mine have always said "recieved at ccs" because every signing you have pressed always says that.... but if the signing haopened it should be showing some movement or atleast thr link for the order number should pe present

On 12/13/2023 at 8:51 AM, ShaggyB said:

Ok that makes me worry quite a bit more.... mine have always said "recieved at ccs" because every signing you have pressed always says that.... but if the signing haopened it should be showing some movement or atleast thr link for the order number should pe present

It used to not be clickable until pressing was completed and it went to scheduled for grading. On my more recent orders, I have noticed when it changes from received at CCS to CCS in process, when it is in the pressing room, at that point it allows you to click on it and see what books they are. 

Submitter beware! Got my NYCC Larsen book back and it dropped from a 9.8 to a 9.2 without a single grader note!

As far as I can tell its still a 9.8. This was a book I bought off ebay as a 9.8 and was graded just months before the signing. Justification has to be given as to how this is a 9.2…

IMG_1674.jpeg

On 12/13/2023 at 1:55 PM, DravinClaw said:

Ouch that hurts. The lack of graders notes is getting out of hand especially with a grade drop.

That was my biggest concern here. How can we trust the grade on a book that looks pristine and was pristine without any grader noters? They need to be more mindful as the lack of transparency and accountability is going to cause mistrust.

On 12/13/2023 at 12:35 PM, Gator Guru said:

Submitter beware! Got my NYCC Larsen book back and it dropped from a 9.8 to a 9.2 without a single grader note!

As far as I can tell its still a 9.8. This was a book I bought off ebay as a 9.8 and was graded just months before the signing. Justification has to be given as to how this is a 9.2…

IMG_1674.jpeg

Im no expert but i do see a spine roll next to your #346 there.... but thats not enough to drop it to 9.2.

I also agree it needs notes if its not 9.8.... especially for grade drops from what was submitted

Edited by ShaggyB

On 12/13/2023 at 9:58 AM, Skippeydoo said:

It used to not be clickable until pressing was completed and it went to scheduled for grading. On my more recent orders, I have noticed when it changes from received at CCS to CCS in process, when it is in the pressing room, at that point it allows you to click on it and see what books they are. 

Thanks for that.