• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
12 12

963 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2023 at 1:58 PM, Gator Guru said:

Yup, same thoughts. Best you can do is buy a 9.8 on ebay- be diligent or if you must send the 9.4-9.6 back for a press and regrade. Look the book over really goos first for anything outside of 9.8 grading standards.

The likelihood it gets a different grade are good as it seems more subjective now than ever. Just be warned that CCS can ruin a book as much as they can improve it.

Very true. But thats the only gamble you can do. It seems cgc needs to crack down on handling and care.

I get they have the statement about damage to breaking open the case for reholder and signings. But if you cant do it reliably and maintain the current grade nearly 100% of the time, you shouldnt allow it

On 10/7/2023 at 12:18 AM, DravinClaw said:

It should be in my hands Tuesday. 1 down 1 to go. My  J. Scott Campbell variant Uncanny  X-Men #1 is waiting in the wings, it  should be another 9.8 or 9.6

x-men-front.jpg

I called about my still not checked in Ron Frenz to make sure they had it in the CgC SS que. They did.

While i had support on the phone i asked about campbell signing date. They are thinking sometime in the first half of november.

I got 10 books in for him

On 10/9/2023 at 7:31 PM, ShaggyB said:

My 9 Reholder went GEI today

And Ron Frenz checked in.

Still hate that it says Recieved at CCS when i know Frenz signing hasnt occurred yet

And now my 9 reholder are in G/QC, should be shipping in the next day or 2. 

That was fast turn

On 10/10/2023 at 4:08 PM, ShaggyB said:

And now my 9 reholder are in G/QC, should be shipping in the next day or 2. 

That was fast turn

Had a reholder with 10 day turnaround so I think they are maybe getting them out in preparation of the NYCC onslaught of slabs.

On 10/10/2023 at 4:43 PM, Gator Guru said:

Had a reholder with 10 day turnaround so I think they are maybe getting them out in preparation of the NYCC onslaught of slabs.

Yeah i got a few spidey nyc city scape ones

Not to be confused with the nycc one

Edited by ShaggyB

On 10/10/2023 at 7:03 PM, ShaggyB said:

Yeah i got a few spidey nyc city scape ones

Not to be confused with the nycc one

Sent another few back for reholder to get this same one. It seems to color match better than the other two spidey ones they have. Fingers crossed next year they come out with a 2099 spidey label.

On 10/10/2023 at 9:13 PM, Gator Guru said:

Sent another few back for reholder to get this same one. It seems to color match better than the other two spidey ones they have. Fingers crossed next year they come out with a 2099 spidey label.

Id have 2 for that.....

20221212_093714.thumb.jpg.39f2485017200c5bb6ef7ca184dfb713.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_210121_eBay.thumb.jpg.3c90203ce96daf6b1fb74219dc313920.jpg

Edit make that 3

20230623_132243.thumb.jpg.e75aee8c910ff1a3d432684ea30ceb38.jpg

Edited by ShaggyB

On 9/28/2023 at 8:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To further clarify:

If you hadnt pressed? It would say upon received at cgc, sfg.

Even after the signing until it was in the grading room, then would say gei.

Bascally receiced at ccs is just the holding pattern even until after the signing, until received back at cgc department for grading. :)

Idk that my pressing ever changed through designations, until cgc had it then sfg, then gei, then qc, then shipped.

Received at ccs is holding patter designation, so that after the signing cgc then knows it should be pressed so they dont accidentally skip it. Or something. :cheers:

This is why I think they need a "pressing" status or show them received to CGC and then change to CCS when in pressing. I have submitted a lot of books this year and paid for pressing on all of them. I have my doubts some were actually pressed.

Well, still in Grading and Quality Control.... but i looked up my serial numbers and they are all still 9.8 and photographed.

Looking good. 

Anyone know how to get fedex to let me adult sign online as i really cant sit waiting for deliveries this weekend

On 10/11/2023 at 6:25 PM, ShaggyB said:

Well, still in Grading and Quality Control.... but i looked up my serial numbers and they are all still 9.8 and photographed.

Looking good. 

Anyone know how to get fedex to let me adult sign online as i really cant sit waiting for deliveries this weekend

Congrats on the grade!  No way to do anything with the Fed Ex shipping after it has shipped (ie sign online, hold, redirect) Like others said, some drivers have dropped off while others will not without signing.  

On 10/11/2023 at 5:25 PM, ShaggyB said:

Looking good. 

I have on my Fedex account, in delivery instructions, to please leave box on front porch. Some drivers will do that while others still require a signature. But I do seem to get many more dropped without the signature requirement since I did that. Though the driver/s who deliver to my friends house are not the same. If he is not home, a high percentage of the time they didn't deliver. So, he'd have to push the delivery to weekends. But most of the time the weekend driver would just drop it when he was actually at home. He said when he knows they are coming while he will be gone, like at work, he leaves a note on the door asking them to leave it there. And they tend to do that a lot more often then they did before.