• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
12 12

963 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2023 at 8:13 PM, Michael (Leahcim) said:

Funny part is, it was a graded 9.8 already.  I was just hoping the 1989 #1 didn't downgrade, was so worried it'd be a 9.6, didn't even expect the newer lenticular cover to be upgraded.  Was a nice surprise.

Thats amazing. I usually get my 9.8s downgraded to 9.6. Lol

Not sure if cgc had columbus day off or not. But if they did day 17 of my fast tracked press and regrade should be tomorrow.

Fast Track pressing is 7 days and Fast Track grading is 10 days, so 10/4 check in should be last friday or tomorrow if holiday was had.

So hopefully the pressing will handle the 1 grader note i got and return my book to its 9.8 status, like what i sent in

CGC4282529-001_OBV@500x782.jpg.ed9725595db8268b95790bf81c02cf77.jpg

CGC4282529-001_REV@500x782.jpg.d51ae492de516d39bbc0080e67c978f0.jpg

Grader Notes

small bend left top of back cover 

Edit-

Will let everyone know

Edited by ShaggyB

On 10/29/2023 at 5:58 PM, ShaggyB said:

Not sure if cgc had columbus day off or not. But if they did day 17 of my fast tracked press and regrade should be tomorrow.

Fast Track pressing is 7 days and Fast Track grading is 10 days, so 10/4 check in should be last friday or tomorrow if holiday was had.

So hopefully the pressing will handle the 1 grader note i got and return my book to its 9.8 status, like what i sent in

CGC4282529-001_OBV@500x782.jpg.ed9725595db8268b95790bf81c02cf77.jpg

CGC4282529-001_REV@500x782.jpg.d51ae492de516d39bbc0080e67c978f0.jpg

Grader Notes

small bend left top of back cover 

Edit-

Will let everyone know

When I have 9.6s that were 9.8 and no notes or notes that indicate a press will do the trick they come back a 9.8 after a press-re-grade. I usually wait for a solid custom label opp though before I do so.

On a side note; cgc does actually know which ones have ben cracked and subbed as on the card that goes on the backing board it shows the cert that is being resubbed. They technically could easily track the frequency of grade drops I would think. I have 5 9.8a out right now for signings and will update once I get them back.

Update my press and regrade is now in pressing.

They must be behind as its now been the entire 17 days fast turn timeframe and its not graded yet.

Hopefully they take their time and get my 9.8 back to me

On 10/30/2023 at 9:46 AM, Gator Guru said:

When I have 9.6s that were 9.8 and no notes or notes that indicate a press will do the trick they come back a 9.8 after a press-re-grade. I usually wait for a solid custom label opp though before I do so.

On a side note; cgc does actually know which ones have ben cracked and subbed as on the card that goes on the backing board it shows the cert that is being resubbed. They technically could easily track the frequency of grade drops I would think. I have 5 9.8a out right now for signings and will update once I get them back.

Yeah i normally would wait for a new sig or a custom label, but its DC... and the names i got are the 2 for the book that you'd want

Thanks to all who answered my questions ..here is the book back ..sent in a 9.6 came back a 9.4 .  Book was pressed , looks like a 9.8. There are no grader notes which I was upset about. I looked it over one more time before calling CGC , on the back top middle is a stain.  I’m not sure if it was there before ..I didn’t take a back pic. I’m just not sure why it was a 9.6 before. I’m still happy with it.

IMG_6902.png

IMG_6903.png

Im honestly starting to agree with others here.... 9.8 should list all the reasons its not a 9.9. 

That way the grader gets in the practice of grading and inputing notes regardless of the grade. The only pass goes to perfect 10 grading.

Either add the notes as advertised or give out more 10s

Edited by ShaggyB

On 11/2/2023 at 1:02 PM, ShaggyB said:

Im honestly starting to agree with others here.... 9.8 should list all the reasons its not a 9.9. 

That way the grader gets in the practice of grading and inputing notes regardless of the grade. The only pass goes to perfect 10 grading.

Either add the notes as advertised or give out more 10s

I think the concensus is anything below a 9.8 should gets notes to justify why it isnt near-mint-mint. A 9.8 is obvious but a 9.6 and even 9.4 is not obvious unless of course you are a professional grader. Thus why they should put the notes in. No notes makes you wonder if they either made a mistake, they are only human, or its population control…