• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
12 12

963 posts in this topic

Got my Campbell yesterday it doesn't look to bad than what the picture they took but still no graders notes on why it's a 9.6 oh and the book moves in the slab I know that's not good. So what is the process to send it back ? 

On 12/28/2023 at 2:49 AM, DravinClaw said:

Got my Campbell yesterday it doesn't look to bad than what the picture they took but still no graders notes on why it's a 9.6 oh and the book moves in the slab I know that's not good. So what is the process to send it back ? 

This would be considered a Mechanical Error (ME) and would get free shipping.  The form is found under regular grading submission.   Just in case, I would send a post to the Ask CGC as this is a CGC SS.  Not sure how that is handled if differently.  I have only done Universal ME.

On 12/28/2023 at 2:49 AM, DravinClaw said:

If you mean mechanical error. Its a selection in the normal grading a book section.

However book sliding in case isnt one of the things they will fix from what i know.

So they will likely charge you for the service.

Edit

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/11571/mechanical-errors-policy/

Thats the policy and loose book inside doesnt qualify

Edited by ShaggyB

On 12/28/2023 at 10:12 AM, ShaggyB said:

If you mean mechanical error. Its a selection in the normal grading a book section.

However book sliding in case isnt one of the things they will fix from what i know.

So they will likely charge you for the service.

Edit

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/11571/mechanical-errors-policy/

Thats the policy and loose book inside doesnt qualify

Loose book inside is not an error but rather the new norm to combat newton rings. Instead of the innerwell being pressed up against the shell there is some give to prevent the unsightly newton rings.

I don't know about that but this is the first book I got back that's loose. I'm still new at the slab game but out of the two I sent this year this one is the only one that has it....I'm used to not getting graders notes but a loose book shouldn't be the new norm.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:23 PM, DravinClaw said:

I don't know about that but this is the first book I got back that's loose. I'm still new at the slab game but out of the two I sent this year this one is the only one that has it....I'm used to not getting graders notes but a loose book shouldn't be the new norm.

Some wiggle is considered normal. If it's sliding enough to damage the book, definitely email them.

Getting a bit tired of my book sitting in QC on a signing event that they are regrading it after the signing. Its not part of this reholder gate scandal... lets get them moving.

Dont want to take time off from work to sign for it

Go word back from CS and I'm going to send it back to get re-slabbed because upon further inspection I noticed a small hairline crack and it sounds like there is something moving around in it I can't see it but I can hear it. I'll have to wait till after the new year. 

On 1/2/2024 at 8:37 PM, Gator Guru said:

Yes it happened, got my book back already from it...and yes it retained its original 9.8 grade. Woo hoo!

When did it say he signed?

On 1/3/2024 at 12:49 PM, ShaggyB said:

When did it say he signed?

11/9/2023. I subbed 1 book with no press but from the looks of it, lots of his stuff is done. Im seeing his stuff hit ebay. Seems like he signed a month before Lee so you should have seen movement by now.

On 1/3/2024 at 2:11 PM, Gator Guru said:

11/9/2023. I subbed 1 book with no press but from the looks of it, lots of his stuff is done. Im seeing his stuff hit ebay. Seems like he signed a month before Lee so you should have seen movement by now.

Yeah i went with pressing, so im concerned something went wrong.

No updates and it still hasnt created the link in the form yet

Edited by ShaggyB