• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paid for a book on CLink Exchange, we never get the book - shows up for sale on the Boards
10 10

164 posts in this topic

I have never sold a book on CLs exchange but as I understand it,  you send them some pictures, list a price and tell them the minimum you will take.  The owner is allowed to list the book elsewhere and sell it off CL.

Is it possible the owner listed the books months ago, listed the minimum he'd accept and then moved on to other things.  CL gets an offer for more than the sellers minimum and accepts it.  They notify the owner who is mad at CL and he doesn't send the book.  Is he reneging on the deal? 

To me ,the real issue is Comic Link not returning the check, or why they cashed it in the first place.

Edited by shadroch

On 7/6/2022 at 6:36 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I guess it's the new modern thinking that you can screw someone over, then be angry towards them for being mad about it. Gone are the days of shutting the hell up and feeling some semblance of shame for your actions inconveniencing people to the Nth degree.

Amen to that, Brother.  Just one of the many "attitude enhancements" that we experience in today's world.  Integrity has left the dictionary.

On 7/6/2022 at 4:08 PM, shadroch said:

I have never sold a book on CLs exchange but as I understand it,  you send them some pictures, list a price and tell them the minimum you will take.  The owner is allowed to list the book elsewhere and sell it off CL.

Is it possible the owner listed the books months ago, listed the minimum he'd accept and then moved on to other things.  CL gets an offer for more than the sellers minimum and accepts it.  They notify the owner who is mad at CL and he doesn't send the book.  Is he reneging on the deal? 

To me ,the real issue is Comic Link not returning the check, or why they cashed it in the first place.

It was never made known to me how the negotiation happened. I figured the original owner gets an email on an offer (like Ebay) and he either accepts or declines it. I don't know if CLink does this on their behalf. But that doesn't explain why he didn't contact CLink about the issue - we had to ask where our book was at, then CLink had to contact him, to which he said it was lost. This happened about two weeks after our check was cashed. I don't think I can believe that a person sells an $8k book and doesn't look at his emails regarding it for two weeks and only responds when he's directly asked where the book is at.

There's a whole lot of "people don't check their email right away" and "maybe he didn't know it sold" - which I understand is the correct way of looking at the situation. However the timeframe when this all happened makes those things not really hold water since weeks had passed before we started asking questions about the book.

Lack of communication rates very high on my list of most hated things. It really grinds my gears that YOU had to contact CL about your book, and that they didn't have the decency to keep you informed ... even after taking your money.

On 7/6/2022 at 3:44 PM, Dr. Balls said:

It was never made known to me how the negotiation happened. I figured the original owner gets an email on an offer (like Ebay) and he either accepts or declines it. I don't know if CLink does this on their behalf. But that doesn't explain why he didn't contact CLink about the issue - we had to ask where our book was at, then CLink had to contact him, to which he said it was lost. This happened about two weeks after our check was cashed. I don't think I can believe that a person sells an $8k book and doesn't look at his emails regarding it for two weeks and only responds when he's directly asked where the book is at.

There's a whole lot of "people don't check their email right away" and "maybe he didn't know it sold" - which I understand is the correct way of looking at the situation. However the timeframe when this all happened makes those things not really hold water since weeks had passed before we started asking questions about the book.

Did the owner say the book was lost, or did CL tell you that?  It seems to me this is part of their business practice.  Being quick to cash checks and slow to refund makes for nice cash flow.  When did you notify them the book was for sale elsewhere by someone else? 

On 7/6/2022 at 4:53 PM, shadroch said:

Did the owner say the book was lost, or did CL tell you that?  It seems to me this is part of their business practice.  Being quick to cash checks and slow to refund makes for nice cash flow.  When did you notify them the book was for sale elsewhere by someone else? 

Bought the book on June 3, asked where it was at on/about June 22 when our other books arrived from them. They were told about June 26 that the original owner lost the book.

Today I found the book, but it had been in a sales thread here since June 14. So when original owner told CLink he lost the book, he’d already traded it off at least 10 days before he was even asked where it was.

He says he told CLink that he traded the book off, CLink says he told them he lost it. From the reaction I am getting from CLink, I get the impression that he did not tell them he traded the book off. 

The book we paid for had been sitting here for sale for three weeks before I found it.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 7/6/2022 at 4:31 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You took me off ignore? :whatthe:

who wouldnt?

On 7/6/2022 at 6:28 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why was the cheque cashed at all?

Colour me dense.....but I don’t understand.???

This is what I struggled with, apparently or maybe clink had to get their commission, but I never got a definite conclusion to my question about it.

Other than it wasn't the seller of the slab, so perhaps comiclink is what's left

On 7/6/2022 at 7:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is what I struggled with, apparently or maybe clink had to get their commission, but I never got a definite conclusion to my question about it.

Other than it wasn't the seller of the slab, so perhaps comiclink is what's left

Josh is now collecting commissions before he even has the book in hand?

On 7/6/2022 at 6:36 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Josh is now collecting commissions before he even has the book in hand?

Hey lol😅

Don't quote me on that, cause idk, but evidently it wasnt the seller who put it up for sale, I think.