• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tell me you’re middle-aged, without telling me your middle-aged…
2 2

159 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 7:19 PM, aardvark88 said:

Back in my day, we had 2.5 TV channels if u pointed the 'bunny ears' the right way. Gilligan's Island, Merv Griffin Show, Sanford and Son, All in the Family, Star Trek, Partridge Family, Hogan's Hero, Rat Patrol, the Avengers, Bird Man, MASH, NHL hockey, and All-Star Wrestling in glorious black and white.

What is a remote control?

When I was a tot I would sit in front of the console radio and listen to music and programs like Gunsmoke, Fibber Magee and Molly,  and Inner Sanctum.  When we got a 7" B&W TV in the late '40's I could watch Time For Beany on the one channel operating in Los Angeles at the time.  They also showed Flash Gordon Serial segments from the '30's.  Always thought those rocket ships were really cool.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:38 PM, fifties said:

When I was a tot I would sit in front of the console radio and listen to music and programs like Gunsmoke, Fibber Magee and Molly,  and Inner Sanctum.  When we got a 7" B&W TV in the late '40's I could watch Time For Beany on the one channel operating in Los Angeles at the time.  They also showed Flash Gordon Serial segments from the '30's.  Always thought those rocket ships were really cool.

Hate to tell you fifties,  but if you were born in the mid 40's  you are no longer middle aged

On 8/9/2022 at 6:38 PM, fifties said:

I remember catching some of the Flash Gordon serials on Matinee At The Bijou. I would always tune in to PBS to watch. It was pretty cool to have a show in the early ‘80’s that tried to replicate the movie going experience of the 30’s-40’s. 

On 8/9/2022 at 11:37 AM, Robot Man said:

How about unbagged books in stacks on tables covered by a plastic sheet?

Or “chicken boxes” and cleaner’s bags? 

I actually still have a couple of those vintage chicken boxes (bluck, bluck bluck)! :bigsmile: 

On 8/9/2022 at 12:37 PM, Robot Man said:

How about unbagged books in stacks on tables covered by a plastic sheet?

Or “chicken boxes” and cleaner’s bags? 

I am middle aged, but I have no idea what a chicken box is.

As for the plastic sheet, middle age is 40 to 59, not 70 to 99.

Edited by jimbo_7071