• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Destroyed books?!?!? CGC-exclusive Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Gold Foil Variant
4 4

113 posts in this topic

Less that 2 minutes and it was sold out. Obviously they either didn't "release all 300 on their stated pre sale date, allowed more that the limit of 2 , or they were slammed with immediate bot orders from "influencers/flippers" 

I'm not surprised but  :sorry:

I'll take that cgc has listened, however minimumly, to the boards and elsewhere, and has changed before . Maybe I'll wake up and it was all water under the bridge.  :)

Lol nightmare, but I guess cgc partaking of it is the point? 3rd party grader becoming partial instead of impartial. Especially in the market? Ya.  :(

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, I like pie said:

The silver foils had 850 quantities when it was listed. Almost all gone too.

This right here. So it is obvious they are holding back and not releasing what they said they would. Sure they did the same with the "300" gold that were supposed to be sold "today"

The company should be brought up on false advertising charges. 

On 9/2/2022 at 6:25 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This right here. So it is obvious they are holding back and not releasing what they said they would. Sure they did the same with the "300" gold that were supposed to be sold "today"

Or they put 850 in the raw category and 150 in the 9.8 category.  who knows for sure. 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:25 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

No. The gold sold at least 275. It went so fast, I don't know if the 300 were listed but I assume so. The remaining silver are being held back for conventions, which is typical of what most stores do.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:28 PM, cbalroman said:

Or they put 850 in the raw category and 150 in the 9.8 category.  who knows for sure. 

Possible.  Still with the speed of sell out there are definitely shenanigans at play here. The hobby has definitely gone to chit with the jag offs as if you really just wanted one it isn't possible without paying the BS mark up to the same arse hats that really shouldn't be getting a penny from anyone as it only supports their behavior.  

On 9/2/2022 at 7:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not surprised but  :sorry:

I'll take that cgc has listened, however minimumly, to the boards and elsewhere, and has changed before . Maybe I'll wake up and it was all water under the bridge.  :)

Lol nightmare, but I guess cgc partaking of it is the point? 3rd party grader becoming partial instead of impartial. Especially in the market? Ya.  :(

On 9/2/2022 at 7:25 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

What's worse that they chose a genre that you'd be into? Or is it more the partiality and becoming like a retailer and etc?

On 9/2/2022 at 7:30 PM, I like pie said:

No. The gold sold at least 275. It went so fast, I don't know if the 300 were listed but I assume so. The remaining silver are being held back for conventions, which is typical of what most stores do.

At this point I hope both go broke and truly get what they deserve.  

Hint it isn't the payday they keep raking in. 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's worse that they chose a genre that you'd be into? Or is it more the partiality and becoming like a retailer and etc?

C. The erosion of the hobby into secondary market greed. 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:34 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

C. The erosion of the hobby into secondary market greed. 

Ya I wasn't seeing the argument at first  🥇

It's not what I would have wanted in 2014 when there were various covers to Spider-Man 4. I dropped out early 90's so I didn't see that implosion. I hear and read, I just have a hard time retaining the views, when it all seems the same but new venue same "chase" variants.

I prefer a hunt, cliche, but it all jumbles over time 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/2/2022 at 6:12 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Less that 2 minutes and it was sold out. Obviously they either didn't "release all 300 on their stated pre sale date, allowed more that the limit of 2 , or they were slammed with immediate bot orders from "influencers/flippers" 

It’s like trying to buy a Mondo poster release. It’s the same scenario - within 3 minutes of confirmation, it’s on EBay for 8x the price.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:42 PM, Dr. Balls said:

It’s like trying to buy a Mondo poster release. It’s the same scenario - within 3 minutes of confirmation, it’s on EBay for 8x the price.

Special place in hell for these turds.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 9/2/2022 at 7:46 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Special place in hell for these turds.

Lol I just typed this somewhere too lol

I don't need to get rich quick with 1sts, not a flipper, but would like honored places in my collection for worthy additions.

They seem few and far between with all gimmicks, and nothing under the artist or characters belt. Nothing new but it's the panic button that scares me.

At some point something waynworse than a carp sandwich is coming.