• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Destroyed books?!?!? CGC-exclusive Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Gold Foil Variant
4 4

113 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2022 at 7:52 PM, cbalroman said:

How can they pre sell these on eBay when BTC notes that the 300 gold 9.8’s don’t have a ship date until Jan 2023 5A329EA6-451A-4DDD-9B38-741DF760D1D2.thumb.jpeg.46142d5b66e10bd8ce3cd3fb51c32d46.jpeg

Been going on for a while and several of those pre sale sellers that do sell that far out do not make good as Ebay is typically 90 days for disputes. 

It is a nightmare.  Another reason not to buy from those scammers.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:54 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Been going on for a while and several of those pre sale sellers that do sell that far out do not make good as Ebay is typically 90 days for disputes. 

I've bought plenty of far out pre sales without a problem. You just have to use PayPal and you have 180 days.

On 9/2/2022 at 6:54 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I was just going to bring that up - I’ve heard nightmare scenarios on record preorders from Indy bands with huge collecting fans not getting their Ebay preorders because it’s way past the preorder date (mostly from last year due to the bottleneck in vinyl production that put preordering out 3-6 months for smaller bands). The sellers just don’t ship when it comes in, no recourse (apparently - only second hand knowledge from me)

On 9/2/2022 at 7:59 PM, Troy.Division said:

And some have already sold?
Oh boy...

Capture.JPG

That's the biggest problem with ebay. Those sales are probably fake, to artificially inflate the price. Then someone will buy another one at that price point because they perceive the value is that much. Then it just snowballs.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:04 PM, Iconic1s said:

I feel so dirty right now.  Can't stand what I have heard about this story… the ‘Doomsday’ art has been even worse.  But that bleeding ‘S’!  Something came over me this afternoon and I apologize to the real Doomsday for counting down the seconds to...84AC2AAA-C56B-4C71-9113-19EA5769A24D.thumb.jpeg.e04c7e2821f12199b906fbe605b01a2a.jpeg

Lol that takes effort. I don't blame you one bit, I don't want to enable, but I don't blame you  :tonofbricks:

Think how we would feel if these Exclusives became apart of the registry award winnings, where that's the only way we could add it to the registry. They have us by the curlies,  don't blame you one bit.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It's going to hell.

Straight down the toilet. funny-throwing.gif.ed716e27fbc50a36eab0485a06b99dd2.gif

Sad but true

On 9/2/2022 at 3:46 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I’m not a variant person, but I know a company doesn’t shrug their shoulders and throws away $500-$1000 worth of books they’ve paid for. That cost gets passed onto the customer in some fashion.

Correct.  The customers pay more for the variants. This is normal.

Those limited variants can range from between $15 and $199 depending.

So even at $15...  15 x 500 = $7,500

And throwing away 500 issues of a book would cost what.. maybe $1,000 ?

That said...variants limited to 500 usually cost well over $15.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:04 PM, Iconic1s said:

I feel so dirty right now.  Can't stand what I have heard about this story… the ‘Doomsday’ art has been even worse.  But that bleeding ‘S’!  Something came over me this afternoon and I apologize to the real Doomsday for counting down the seconds to...84AC2AAA-C56B-4C71-9113-19EA5769A24D.thumb.jpeg.e04c7e2821f12199b906fbe605b01a2a.jpeg

At least you got one and with your set and focus it makes sense.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that.  Congratulations! It makes me feel a little better at least knowing that 1 set of these are going to a real collector with an actual interest in it. 

It's all the Flippers etc that I hope choke on it as they keep those who actually wanted one from obtaining them without paying some ridiculous mark up.