• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most over-hyped/over-priced comic in your opinion?
3 3

207 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2022 at 2:37 PM, mephistopheles said:

And.....The UF4 fanboys rage begins.

lol

I haven’t owned a copy in a while, so I haven’t looked at prices. I imagine the book is sinking like a stone like everything else in huge supply.   It got a huge run up as FOMO hit hard, but people finally realized the supply is virtually endless.

I don’t think Miles is going anywhere, and will probably solidify his existence when he meets up with Peter in the MCU.

I enjoyed the Spider-verse movie, but “fanboy” might be a strong word. :insane:

On 11/27/2022 at 2:57 PM, mephistopheles said:

I could have really thrown a hand grenade and said ASM 300, but despite the number of books out there, first Venom is pretty big and the book's 30 years old.

It’s next in line for over-supply

I believe it’s still the most submitted book ever.

It’s been sinking for a while too.  

On 11/27/2022 at 3:13 PM, Cat said:

Why do people like what I don't? 

Yes, yes! Ok, I’ll play!

That dopey Harvey pch cover everyone loves with the ghoul kissing the blonde, and that dopey Venus cover where the guy peels his face off to reveal a monster. 

I gotta disgruntle some old-timers. Picking on modern stuff (by which I mean copper too) is too easy.

Harbinger 1

Hoarded, extremely volatile price since it first appeared on the comic store shelves in the 90s.

Edited by Ken Aldred