• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPAWN! A look back at an award-winning collection of graded slabs.
10 10

817 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2023 at 10:00 PM, newshane said:

Please don't remind me. :cry:

I just bought a raw copy a week ago and sent it off to CGC today. Fingers crossed on this one. Gunslinger has really become my favorite character in the Spawn universe. His book is being written so much differently than the rest of the Spawn books. I have been hearing that a She Spawn book might be next and it worries me about too many Spawn books.

On 3/13/2023 at 9:05 PM, captainzombie said:

I just bought a raw copy a week ago and sent it off to CGC today. Fingers crossed on this one. Gunslinger has really become my favorite character in the Spawn universe. His book is being written so much differently than the rest of the Spawn books. I have been hearing that a She Spawn book might be next and it worries me about too many Spawn books.

It will be a long time before it's time to post it, but I have a custom, painted Gunslinger on a blank cover that is guaranteed to blow your mind. 

Edited by newshane

SPAWN 78 - CGC 9.8 

Capullo was starting to put out some bangers by this time. 

The inner well has obviously slid around a little inside the outer well. I was skeptical at first, but I'm super glad the CGC made significant upgrades to the next gen case. 

I love the current cases though. I hope CGC never changes the design. The older ones were WAY easier to crack out though. 

Edited Spawn 78 F.jpg

SPAWN 80 - CGC 9.8 

Sam and Twitch are on the case. 

Another highly problematic black ink cover. 

EDITED Spawn 80 F.jpg

Edited by newshane

SPAWN 82 - CGC 9.8 SIGNED BY GREG CAPPULO AND TODD MCFARLANE

Since 74 was black and 82 was white, I figured it would neat to see the contrast between the two books. Had both issues signed at the same time - a few months apart between the sigs. 

EDITED Spawn 82 SS F.jpg

SPAWN 84 - CGC 9.8 

Wicked! 

Good thing I was over 18 when this one hit. 

Definitely one I would have been forced to hide from the Southern Baptist family. lol

Would have been hidden away along with all my Stephen King novels and death metal CDs. 

EDITED SPAWN 84.jpg

Spawn! I started following mcfarlane closer on social for the signing, I already had his toy emails, but it's good to see his product being loved upon, as there were lessons to learn and the art ain't too shabby.

I might enjoy Greg capella better by a tad, his name is harder for me to remember though if I'm honest  :)

Thanks @newshane for keeping the thread alive. :)

It gets quiet around here sometimes for just good old discussion. :x