• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6) Round 2
16 16

173 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2023 at 7:20 PM, timfinz said:

Grades are in!

On 4/25/2023 at 8:04 PM, JohnH19 said:

Grades are in.

In where? Limbo? Trouble? :)

Grades are in :cry:

On 4/26/2023 at 1:16 AM, Grendel72 said:

Im just curious....those of you who have the top tier scores, are u grading based on what you think the grade should be or based on how cgc grades? 

How I believe CGC will grade the book since this is all about what grade CGC will give each book.  I typically bump GA books up one grade from what I think it will be.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:16 AM, Grendel72 said:

Im just curious....those of you who have the top tier scores, are u grading based on what you think the grade should be or based on how cgc grades? 

We're guessing CGC's grade. It's easy to psych yourself out when you do that... sometimes I'll overgrade because I'll think 'CGC usually gives a pass on XYZ defect in GA books' (that Flash Comics from Round 1 is a good example). Then I'll see the actual grade and say **oof**... not so much.

These contests can also be a challenge for us old-school folks because 'CGC's grading in 2023' is subtly different than 'CGC's grading in 2013' and 'CGC's grading in 2003'.

Mostly I'm just in it for the high-quality gifs and memes.

tortoise.gif.de3e87994a0bbda10b4a009b5d38dbbd.gif