• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC’s OFFICIAL Mechanical Errors / Returns Policy
11 11

433 posts in this topic

Lol I'm sure cgc is within earshot, and listening, but how bad it affects the bottom line for the moment we don't know.

If it truly affected me as others, I would say the same until my individual voice was heard or the group. 

That said. They really need to internally still count it as a qc problem, which I'm not sure if this announcement addresses? @CGC Mike only because I have no direct line to the matter, is this still being looked at internally? Or is this to be a non issue? Without too much detail I know. They haven't said they're not doing rings, only the severe however, which implies that there is hope and it's not over and done with.

That said, so many questions that will play out over time. Just maintain and still speak up until then?

On 5/19/2023 at 3:40 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

I mean don't you have the choice to just not buy the book. (shrug)

I just dont understand why people keep bringing this up when everyone knows CGC doesnt consider it to be a big deal. So move on...

Newtons rings personally dont bother me that much, but I get why it can bother others.

If it wasn't a big deal there'd be no policy on it. The fact there's a policy on it indicates that it IS considered a big deal, big enough to formulate its own policy. 

On 5/18/2023 at 3:14 PM, skypinkblu said:

So if you got back a book that looked like this, you'd be fine with it?  Because I'm not all that fussy about grades, but I sent this one back. If it came like this now, I would have to pay to have it reslabbed, with no guarantees I suppose.

katykeene550001.thumb.jpg.6d908ec14b9ba0d553bed7ec20891487.jpg

If I was at a show or a store I'd pass on the book everyday because of the horrible newton rings.

On 5/19/2023 at 5:46 AM, djzombi said:

Mycomicshop states any scratches/scuffs/Newton Rings on the CGC slabbed books they offer for sale.  

Nice! (thumbsu

On 5/19/2023 at 5:58 AM, Figment said:

And that's relevant how? 

If I didn't like a company I would not be using their message boards.

On 5/19/2023 at 5:35 AM, KatComics said:

but like....at least there are no newton rings on those invisible comics!

Good point. lol

On 5/19/2023 at 5:18 AM, Cat said:

If it wasn't a big deal there'd be no policy on it. The fact there's a policy on it indicates that it IS considered a big deal, big enough to formulate its own policy. 

No, CGC is saying Newton Rings are not a defect or a defect they are willing to accommodate you the customer on FREE reholdering requests going forward.

They didn't invent the term the community did, and in their opinion it doesn't warrant them to redo it for free.

Not saying you have yo agree with it, but you always have the standard 3 options to choose from if you are not happy with their decision which I stated numerous times.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 5/18/2023 at 7:09 PM, wombat said:

Shocking you think the one other guy who agrees with you is spot on. Shocking I tell you. 

Well, what do you disagree with?

Maybe you can counter with some good counter points.

I would be shocked if you could. (shrug)

On 5/16/2023 at 8:11 PM, wombat said:

Is this the straw that broke the camel's back for some of you? Its mind boggling to me it hasn't already happened. 

When did the straw break?

You act as if CGC has a real competitor.

The only way the "straw that broke the camel's back" as you stated will happen is when CGC slabs sell for less than another grading company.

Till then all these threads do is provide more white noise.

Edited by NewWorldOrder