• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC’s OFFICIAL Mechanical Errors / Returns Policy
11 11

433 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2023 at 12:28 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

If I didn't like a company I would not be using their message boards.

So you think that only people who agree with policies should post?

You are posting because you are here to make money, it seems to be a consistent answer. I get that. Not everyone on the boards is a comic book dealer. Not even everyone thinks of comics as legal tender;) :foryou:

You always seemed like a nice friendly guy in person...come join us on this thread and help the community...you might learn why it's important to many of us...:foryou: 

On 5/19/2023 at 10:02 AM, skypinkblu said:

So you think that only people who agree with policies should post?

You are posting because you are here to make money, it seems to be a consistent answer. I get that. Not everyone on the boards is a comic book dealer. Not even everyone thinks of comics as legal tender;) :foryou:

You always seemed like a nice friendly guy in person...come join us on this thread and help the community...you might learn why it's important to many of us...:foryou: 

I have stated what you said prob a zillion times over the years, so of course I agree.  I know you personally still like CGC, you just wish they would make some changes.  I was referring to the people dating back to when I first joined the boards who despise CGC, but continue to post there. 

I have met a lot of wonderful people from the CGC boards.  Also met/dealt with some really nasty people as well.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

@RockMyAmadeus Does your keyboard not work anymore and just your mouse? lol

Have you sworn off posting and just hitting the reaction button?

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 5/20/2023 at 3:07 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

I have stated what you said prob a zillion times over the years, so of course I agree.  I know you personally still like CGC, you just wish they would make some changes.  I was referring to the people dating back to when I first joined the boards who despise CGC, but continue to post there. 

I have met a lot of wonderful people from the CGC boards.  Also met/dealt with some really nasty people as well.

There are items for sale with proceeds going to the family, or you can make a straight donation to the GoFundMe. It's very convenient, whichever way you look at it. If you've got items you'd like to donate they'd be gladly accepted. It's beautiful the way the community has come together. 

• Administrator
On 5/19/2023 at 12:28 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

If I didn't like a company I would not be using their message boards.

So, we (CGC) look at our social media pages as a place where we share info with our customers.  That info usually gets reposted over here on the forum.  We look at this place as a community where collectors buy, sell share what they have in their collections, share knowledge of the hobby ect...  Some of the people here are our customers, and some are not.  Here is part of what I posted earlier.

The CGC Chat Boards have been an integral part of the hobby for nearly 20 years, creating a community for thousands of collectors worldwide, with millions of posts forming a wealth of knowledge and information that cannot be found anywhere else in the industry. Users have also enjoyed the benefits of the Marketplace, a section of the boards that allows collectors to buy, sell and trade their comics and related material.

CGC has taken some time to review its chat board strategy, and we have a few updates to announce that will further promote our goal of providing a fun, friendly and engaging platform for every user.

On 5/19/2023 at 10:32 AM, Cat said:

There are items for sale with proceeds going to the family, or you can make a straight donation to the GoFundMe. It's very convenient, whichever way you look at it. If you've got items you'd like to donate they'd be gladly accepted. It's beautiful the way the community has come together. 

For DJ pink panther?

On 5/20/2023 at 3:36 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

For DJ pink panther?

Yeppers. 

On 5/19/2023 at 10:49 AM, Cat said:

Yeppers. 

I sadly just heard of his passing last week.

I never met him, but he always seemed like a nice person on the boards.

I am about to go out to run some errands, can you please PM me the GoFundme and a link to the boards sales thread? 

On 5/19/2023 at 1:52 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I sadly just heard of his passing last week.

I never met him, but he always seemed like a nice person on the boards.

I am about to go out to run some errands, can you please PM me the GoFundme and a link to the boards sales thread? 

I posted it above in my response, but I will pm it to you, thanks.

Just so you know, any books currently in their pipeline for newton rings WILL NOT get a new case unless you wish to pay for it. Even for books in their facility before the announcement. 
I was just contacted via email about 16 books out of 76. This is something that really irks me, as they were sent out well before the announcement. 

On 5/19/2023 at 1:34 PM, Buzzetta said:

Thanks boss.

It's BECAUSE I do not like the direction of the company that I am using their message boards. 

I am using them.  

Now, they might get content that pumps up the relevance of their message board through google which draws eyes to the product by my comment.  However, the amount of money I have made from using the CGC message boards far outweighs what they have received from me since I last submitted books in May of 2020. 

Since then:

• I've used these boards to gain information to make more educated purchases.
  • I've used these boards to spread knowledge and make others aware of non affiliated products.  Remember posting a link in a toy thread or for a Hasbro preorder might not mean it's a direct competitor of CGC but it does mean that I am swaying money away from CGC.  What's CGC's competition?  Everything in collecting.  For every possible dollar spent on the latest Transformer, Lego or Star Wars toy, that is a dollar NOT spent on grading by someone who obviously enjoys both. 
  • I've used these boards for a lot of for sale threads.  I mean... a lot.
  • I've used these boards to house images or organize sales threads for other places such as FB or other message boards that may not have image hosting capabilities. 
  • I've used these boards to maintain relationships with quite a few collectors that I enjoy connecting with. 
  • I've used these boards for sheer entertainment and knowledge of the hobby. 

I guess you could say that I am basically an economic drain to CGC.  Cool 

But until I see improvements in products and service I can continue doing what I want to do here, which is to continue doing what I do. 

I am not your boss, so do me a favor and lets not go down that passive aggressive back and forth please. 

With that said I personally wouldn't use any services of a company if I did not like them. Yes, I fully understand why many people benefit from these boards in the ways you outlined for us above.

The CGC boards and registry while neat tools are solely here to help benefit CGC for getting submissions and new customers, and there is nothing wrong with that.  If CGC continues to make money then by-product of everything you stated above works in perfect harmony with their business model.

You "use" them, a word you said over and over again above.  You stated CGC is still benefiting you in many ways, but yet you haven't submitted to CGC in now over 3 years.  Can you explain to me how CGC benefits from having you on the boards?  Are you not privileged to use their free services, but yet you don't add any revenue income for them while still constantly criticize them?  So yes from you own words you just might be an economical drain on CGC, until you start submitting again. 

Since May 2020, if you have sold CGC books (assuming you have from your sales threads), and sold raw books to people who then in turn send those books to CGC then you are being hypocritical.  All your soap box hot takes don't hold water anymore.  You can't sit here in a public forum saying "I am not submitting to CGC until the changes I want are made" hard stance, but then still directly benefit from CGC.  See how that looks, your words are not fully backed with actions.  I was waiting for you to answer my other question I asked you yesterday with others selling more raw comics now, so I am curious on your answer to that when you have the time. 

Personally I generally am in favor of these new rules on ME's.  It is a great deterrent to cut down on the bogus ME's subs. Just like everyone else I had to wait 2 months to get my ME's cracked slabs back.  I also fully understand what I think is a bogus ME someone else will disagree with me on, and that's okay.  That's why in this great country of ours we have the freedom of choice.  I will continue to use CGC because my bank account goes up and not down. Plain and simple.  Same with many of people who complain, but yet still submit because of that very reason.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

I know this thread is starting to beat the dead horse, but I feel the problem isn't just about newton rings. It's about how 6 months ago CGC did the right thing and said they'd own up and fix their problems for free. Then 6 months later they do a complete 180 turnaround and basically give the whole community a giant FU.

On 5/19/2023 at 4:35 PM, Tnexus said:

I know this thread is starting to beat the dead horse, but I feel the problem isn't just about newton rings. It's about how 6 months ago CGC did the right thing and said they'd own up and fix their problems for free. Then 6 months later they do a complete 180 turnaround and basically give the whole community a giant FU.

They are fixing problems for free, just giving you 14-days to inform them.

Your statement is making it sound like they are not going to do anything if a slab gets cracked in the mail from them to you.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 5/19/2023 at 7:32 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Personally I generally am in favor of these new rules on ME's.  It is a great deterrent to cut down on the bogus ME's subs. Just like everyone else I had to wait 2 months to get my ME's cracked slabs back.  I will continue to use CGC because my bank account goes up and not down. Plain and simple. 

You seem to be an honest person who says exactly what he's thinking. This is what I'm taking from your statement(s). Correct me if I'm wrong...

You aren't necessarily in favor of this new policy because it's the right thing to do. Rather, you're in favor of it because it benefits you.