• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your graded .5s!
1 1

50 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2023 at 12:15 PM, MR SigS said:

I'm glad they were graded. Takes away the worry of getting something with a missing page or something like that.

Ya most 0.5 of a book are incomplete for some reason, seemed a lot of avengers were, I'm glad that mine was complete and would be a 'selling point" as a lot of 0.5 are not.  :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/24/2023 at 2:59 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

It's just a combination of defects.  It had a hard life of entertaining children.  I like it as is, it was a Christmas gift from my brother years ago. 

That's an amazing .5.   Would take GA books that look like that in .5 all day long.  

On 8/24/2023 at 3:45 PM, nearmint said:

There's a particular pride in owning the lowest graded copy.  

Never thought of it that way.....but....

I Can Dig It GIF - I Can Dig It I Like It GIFs

I'm still

On 8/24/2023 at 9:45 AM, nearmint said:

There's a particular pride in owning the lowest graded copy.  

On 8/24/2023 at 3:46 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Never thought of it that way.....but....

The owner of the lowest graded star wars 4 35 center, but it ain't. 5. :makepoint:

But it was a $1 bin find, and I am glad to have found it! :banana:

On 8/24/2023 at 11:12 AM, Robot Man said:

I really don’t get it. Why spend the money to have an obviously poor book graded? It’s obviously POOR. Poor is poor. Note the obvious if you must on the backing board and grade better books…(shrug)

I struggle with that on books. I have a bunch of EC beaters that are likely 1.0 at best, and I don't want to bother grading them, but I resubbed my Venus 19 as a 1.8 that came back as a 1.0 (ouch :cry: and I even fast-tracked it) because I really wanted to have it up on the shelf with my other graded books.

On 8/24/2023 at 10:15 AM, MR SigS said:

I'm glad they were graded. Takes away the worry of getting something with a missing page or something like that.

Humm, maybe a simple page count at time of purchase would take away that problem. (shrug) But maybe all wrapped up in a pretty slab would be easier and cost everyone more money…