• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,344 posts in this topic

I think I may have just found my book.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/256352482463?itmmeta=01HQVAAFC6ZCQYYEPM8QYES926&hash=item3bafcc749f:g:w24AAOSwLKRlhzJH 

I'll have to confirm, but it was a signed copy of 129, and the creases look very familiar (I kid you not).

It was a CGC book I'd gotten signed and pressed by CGC, but they did a terrible job pressing.  

Here's the Cert - 

Amazing Spider-Man#1292/74
(Resubmitting Cert #1991226001)
$2,000

Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:57 PM
To: CGC Submissions
Subject: CGC - Submission/Labeling/Verification Questions

Url: https://m.cgccomics.com:9511/contact/
Name:  
Email Address: mrhanderson@gmail.com
Message: Hello - I have a submission in CGC8087459190 to press and remove restoration from Amazing Spider-Man 129. (A) Restoration includes a small amount of glue on the spine. I believe this is white Elmer's glue that I put on the book when I was younger. That being said I'm wondering if the heat from pressing will soften the glue and allow it to be removed rather than scrapping it while it is Dry? I understand your methods are proprietary, but I'm hoping with this knowledge we can avoid further damaging the book (as much as possible!) Thank you for your time, 

asm_129.png

asm_129_Submission.jpg

Edited by GaryHanson
update

Guys ok, I think we all know a couple things 1) Mike and/or his friends are in this chat and faking posts 2) nothing is happening he still have lots of books including mine.  I would again ask that we combine forces to try to get a resolution.  I think anyone with a book that matters have found out that this will be an expensive endeavor and take time (300-500/hr for a lawyer is a lot).  So I would implore you to DM me your email and lets join forces to get our books back.  I know you are afraid because you think I am a Mike plant, but even if I was what would you have to lose?  After I get your email lets do a Zoom and speak face to face.  I've already spoke to a lawyer and he said that his legal costs will be as much or greater than the book and Mike knows that so unless we join forces we all will all can do the math or time and money and think its pointless.  I'm ready if you are.  And if you are a Mike plant, I fully expect some email bashing this post or talking about what a hard time Mike has had, but guys don't listen to it and don't be scared.  Focus on getting together to get back our books.     

On 2/29/2024 at 6:42 PM, Cantina201 said:

Guys ok, I think we all know a couple things 1) Mike and/or his friends are in this chat and faking posts 2) nothing is happening he still have lots of books including mine.  I would again ask that we combine forces to try to get a resolution.  I think anyone with a book that matters have found out that this will be an expensive endeavor and take time (300-500/hr for a lawyer is a lot).  So I would implore you to DM me your email and lets join forces to get our books back.  I know you are afraid because you think I am a Mike plant, but even if I was what would you have to lose?  After I get your email lets do a Zoom and speak face to face.  I've already spoke to a lawyer and he said that his legal costs will be as much or greater than the book and Mike knows that so unless we join forces we all will all can do the math or time and money and think its pointless.  I'm ready if you are.  And if you are a Mike plant, I fully expect some email bashing this post or talking about what a hard time Mike has had, but guys don't listen to it and don't be scared.  Focus on getting together to get back our books.     

So you’re saying that you believe EVERYONE who has come to this thread and confirmed they received their books back is lying?  Including several long time members with seemingly no reason to lie and cover for Mike?

On 3/1/2024 at 9:19 AM, mattn792 said:

So you’re saying that you believe EVERYONE who has come to this thread and confirmed they received their books back is lying?  Including several long time members with seemingly no reason to lie and cover for Mike?

No, that's not what he's saying.   He's saying that Mike probably has returned some books to stave off potential legal action but he knows others are not taking action.   And there's still a lot of us out here with no resolution.     Rather than battling each other, let's focus on Mike, and the people out tens of thousands of dollars,  or more.  Keep your eye on the ball.

On 2/29/2024 at 7:27 PM, Flake Tapper said:

No, that's not what he's saying.   He's saying that Mike probably has returned some books to stave off potential legal action but he knows others are not taking action.   And there's still a lot of us out here with no resolution.     Rather than battling each other, let's focus on Mike, and the people out tens of thousands of dollars,  or more.  Keep your eye on the ball.

You and I have very different definitions of “nothing”.  You should be Cantina’s pr rep.

Due to the situation of many customer books being stolen from Hero Restoration, and how that now involves the police, anyone who still has not received their property back should be considering what legal channels they can go through or contact. If Mike is still returning books, or is in contact with some customers, he needs to be more communicative and transparent about that here (and not just rely on customers to post on his behalf).

You should still post here if Mike has not responded to you directly, as it is better than nothing.

On 2/29/2024 at 8:39 PM, mattn792 said:

You and I have very different definitions of “nothing”.  You should be Cantina’s pr rep.

I think people who sent in thousands of dollars worth of books, paying hundreds of dollars for his services, only to have him sit on them for 5 or 10 years....it feels like nothing.

I think I'd give them a break.

I am not a lawyer and, more importantly, I am not your lawyer. This is not legal advice 

That said, people with substantially valuable books outstanding with HR need to contact a local attorney concerning civil action. Do not wait for criminal charges to be filed, if they are filed. A criminal case does not make you whole. Do not wait to join a class action suit, because I don't think a class would be certified here, among other reasons. You need to protect your interests. Being made while here may involve compensation for the value of the books that cannot be returned, the loss in value of books that have been disassembled or damaged, reimbursement of fees for work not done, and potentially compensatory damages for the amount of time the books were held without contracted work. 

If that's likely to be over $75,000 (almost guaranteed for AF15s), and you're in a different state than Mike, this may qualify for diversity jurisdiction and be able to be filed directly in federal court 

Regardless, I would urge anyone with claims to have their attorney send a preservation of evidence letter. With Mike's admissions that he intermingled personal property with corporate client's books, his habit of ghosting people with concerns, the substantial evidence that he has engaged in theft by conversion, and the apparent claims that he's now had books stolen, just about everything is potentially of evidentiary value. And as an external reader of this tawdry debacle, I wouldn't trust this guy not to try to dodge responsibility by just throwing his records out in the trash.

High value customers especially do not want to wait longer than necessary and risk losing their claims, nor be last in line for compensation from whatever assets exist.

On 2/29/2024 at 11:20 PM, Sauce Dog said:

His store, Cool Stuff, was apparently robbed back in January (I only found out recently though) and customer books were stolen (which ones and how many I do not know). He told me he filed a police report and shared security footage with me - at which point I NOPED right out of the conversation as it is now grand larceny and I am not getting involved in this growing mess further.

I didn't post anything explicit about it since I was waiting for him to make an announcement or whatever, but that doesn't seem to be happening and so yeah, I guess might as well confirm it since a few other people also know at this point. :ohnoez:

If we believe this, it's the second time he's had customers books stolen...  

Not that I would ever accuse Mike of anything nefarious, but if I stole peoples books and sold them and then needed an excuse for how / why they went missing, a robbery would be awfully convenient. 

But I'm sure Mike had insurance and its safe to assume customers would get the full value of the book plus the fees paid to Hero.... no need for anyone to worry.  Mike's got this! Just sit back and wait for your refunds! 

On 3/1/2024 at 12:20 PM, Sauce Dog said:

His store, Cool Stuff, was apparently robbed back in January (I only found out recently though) and customer books were stolen (which ones and how many I do not know). He told me he filed a police report and shared security footage with me - at which point I NOPED right out of the conversation as it is now grand larceny and I am not getting involved in this growing mess further.

I didn't post anything explicit about it since I was waiting for him to make an announcement or whatever, but that doesn't seem to be happening and so yeah, I guess might as well confirm it since a few other people also know at this point. :ohnoez:

I kind of predicted that was going to happen. This thread has shown both location of store and potential content

IMG_6979.jpeg

Edited by Poka