• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,338 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2024 at 4:21 PM, Steviehuv66 said:

Just to clarify the above post.  I’m friends with the original poster of the thread from the spring of 2023.  DeChellis returned my FF 5 but stole my 2k.  I filed my complaint with the Oregon DOJ.  Nothing happened for months but I was recently contacted by them (not the local police) and they informed me that they are taking a closer look at the case due to the combined high dollar loss in this crime.  Many of us have filed with the Oregon DOJ.  Of course there is no guarantee that anything positive will happen but we have to try.

Thanks for the clarification. So nothing from the police?  I’m disappointed if that is the case. 

On 4/1/2024 at 9:43 PM, Neo "The One" said:

Thanks for the clarification. So nothing from the police?  I’m disappointed if that is the case. 

I don't think anyone has called the police yet, as unbelievable as that seems. At least no one who has posted on these boards has mentioned placing a call yet...

On 4/2/2024 at 12:25 AM, Kripsys99 said:

I don't think anyone has called the police yet, as unbelievable as that seems. At least no one who has posted on these boards has mentioned placing a call yet...

It's funny (interesting).  You've said this multiple times, and TMK no one has said otherwise.  

On 4/2/2024 at 10:17 AM, paulailp said:

if Mike sold customers/ victims comics that would be a lot easier to prove theft/ fraud by conversion. 

if anyone believes that there property that was sent in for work was sold, please make sure to report it. 

Agreed.

Any victims please also report to the USPS investigation department.

under Crimes committed via the Internet or aided by computer devices by intruders seeking access and information to exploit or steal.

https://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx

The special Agent that I knew with them have now retired but they were absolute rockstars. 

With the number of victims let’s hope that they may take interest in this.

Again we have a legal system not a justice system but every bit helps. The more victims and the greater the amount hopefully equals more traction on an investigation. 

On 4/2/2024 at 7:17 AM, paulailp said:

I have had a few conversations with the local police in the community that Mike lives. Very Nice and professional officers that stated that they were short staffed and extremely busy. Unfortunately I understand what they were telling me. I don’t believe that that local department would have the ability or resources to properly investigate a reasonably complex Fraud with just as a guess 30+ victims. [ I am aware of 18 that have made complaints to various agencies] Most  fraud victims will not file a complaint, there will definitely be a pile more. 

The local police were not that interested and  probably don’t want to spend the resources on out of town victims. To me they tried to pass it off as a civil matter. It definitely is a criminal matter but no point arguing with them.

Unfortunately ‘’ it is more of a civil matter’’  is the common catch phrase for police  that don’t want to or can’t do the work required for a complex fraud file such as this one. A file like this could take 1000s of hrs for them to write production orders and other warrants. Unfortunately very few officers like that kind of work. They would almost need to complete a complete forensic audit on all of Mikes financial records to show that this was more of a pyramid scheme and the money was misappropriated. Any defense attorney would be able to argue that he had good intentions and just ran out of money etc. 

‘I’m hopeful that the state will work with other agencies that have better resources to conduct a proper audit and investigation of Mike and his dealings however I am doubtful. 

I personally seen many of these types of files take years for them to be investigated and prosecuted. But generally they don’t get much traction unless they are over $1,000,000.00 or have a significant public interest. 

Some of my friends that still work in Economics crime areas are telling me that they are so backlogged that the threshold is now close to $5.000.000 before the special fraud investigators will look at the file. 

if Mike sold customers/ victims comics that would be a lot easier to prove theft/ fraud by conversion. 

if anyone believes that there property that was sent in for work was sold, please make sure to report it. 

just my frustration and thoughts 

Every jurisdiction is different, but this sounds about right.  In many cases the local police are more concerned with things that involve danger or destruction.  It seems like with this specific situation, all money and comics were willingly handed to the company, and that agreed upon services were not provided.  Obviously with all the facts presented here it appears to be lean nefariously into the realm of criminal, but as was stated, many police would dismiss this as a civil issue, especially if they were understaffed (or just lazy).  

I know there are other agencies to contact that have already been contacted, like Oregon DOJ, or USPS, or the FBI/DOJ, local PD, but one could also consider contacting the local District Attorney's Office.  I know that for the county I live in (not in Oregon), many fraud cases are referred by local PD to the District Attorney's Office, who have their own staff of sworn police investigators.  Again, I have no idea if that applies in the Oregon county in question, but for those gung ho folks who want to examine more options, that may be another one to examine.  The other benefit of this is that the DA's office might be more aware of the other crimes some related parties may have committed, and be able to connect dots better on a larger scale (or help them solve/pursue other related cases), or possibly help out if some of these comics show up as evidence in other cases.

On 4/2/2024 at 12:53 PM, paulailp said:

Any victims please also report to the USPS investigation department.

under Crimes committed via the Internet or aided by computer devices by intruders seeking access and information to exploit or steal.

https://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx

The special Agent that I knew with them have now retired but they were absolute rockstars. 

With the number of victims let’s hope that they may take interest in this.

Again we have a legal system not a justice system but every bit helps. The more victims and the greater the amount hopefully equals more traction on an investigation. 

So I've filed a complaint with USPS investigation department today.  *Fingers Crossed*  I still plan to go to my local PD in NY to see if they have resources to investigate as well.  Also added a new link to the USPS investigation department on HeroRestorationComic.com 

Edited by Neo "The One"

On 4/3/2024 at 3:13 PM, sfcityduck said:

Where is this in Oregon? I grew up in Eugene.

I believe Lebanon, but it's my understanding he worked out of his house / farm.  Others may know more.  Also had a satellite office in NJ.  

Edited by Neo "The One"

On 4/3/2024 at 1:48 PM, habsfan1 said:

Would it be worth bringing this up with the local media?  That sometimes puts the pressure on getting things moving.

This might help, but to really get traction you might need a local victim.  

But certainly worthwhile as a consideration.

Edited by revat

On 4/14/2024 at 5:04 PM, phretbored said:

Apocalypse Now: Robert Duvall as Colonel Kilgore » BAMF Style

One day... this thread's gonna end.

Not today my friend...  BTW I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

profile_mask2.png

CISCFCSExternal@uspis.gov

Fri, Apr 12, 7:50 PM (4 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Thank you for contacting the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.  The information you provided has been entered into our national Fraud Complaint System.  Your reference number is C#2179288.  If we need more information, you will be contacted directly.  Please hold on to any original documents related to your complaint.
Please note that Postal Inspectors do not have the authority to ensure that your losses are refunded.
We may share the information you provided with other agencies when there is a possible violation within their jurisdiction.
In the future, if you have complaints about mail fraud or mail theft, you can visit our website, http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov, to file a complaint online.

United States Postal Inspection Service

On 4/2/2024 at 10:17 AM, paulailp said:

Has there been more confirmed sales? I know of 5-6 that were on ebay which could be linked to customers explicitly, but beyond those nothing can be matched to a customer. There are certainly more customer books that have been sold (Which I know for a fact...*sigh* maybe one day I'll be able to do something with the slew of info I have which I currently cannot release for a variety of reasons), but most of them I'm sure the customer themselves don't even know their books have been sold in the first place.

On 4/17/2024 at 10:43 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Has there been more confirmed sales? I know of 5-6 that were on ebay which could be linked to customers explicitly, but beyond those nothing can be matched to a customer. There are certainly more customer books that have been sold (Which I know for a fact...*sigh* maybe one day I'll be able to do something with the slew of info I have which I currently cannot release for a variety of reasons), but most of them I'm sure the customer themselves don't even know their books have been sold in the first place.

Hey SD - I'm not aware of more confirmed sales, but I downloaded a copy of each of the NINE (just counted - ha!) that were up on ebay for, 'historical purposes'.  I'm not sure if each sale has been linked to the true owner or not, but I don't want the information to get lost since ebay has taken the records of those sales down.  I think its a good idea to put them up on the site in case someone is looking for their book and wasn't aware of the ebay sales.  If anyone knows - please feel free to reach out to me.

Edited by Neo "The One"

On 4/17/2024 at 6:07 PM, wombat said:

I assume he could just be selling books on a different account. 

I mean anything is possible, but my guess is that he's selling them in other venues.  If he's even still doing that.

On 4/14/2024 at 2:04 PM, phretbored said:

Apocalypse Now: Robert Duvall as Colonel Kilgore » BAMF Style

One day... this thread's gonna end.

the reason I poasted this and the reason I think it fits is because Kilgore says that line with regret

he's in his element and is expressing disappointment

i am still  hopeful all possible books that can be returned actually get returned

and  am still hopeful people who are out funds get the funds back but that is a tougher hill to climb

Edited by phretbored