• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,339 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2024 at 6:29 AM, KCOComics said:

How did he remove the trimmed designation? Leaf casted new material?

He offered to do the same thing on my Avengers 1. He was going to add material back to the edge, then color touch it to match and trim to the correct size.  I choose not to do this for two reasons. The cost - and I thought it possible that doing so might take the book to moderate rather than slight restored 

I was under the impression at the time that it was going to be done by leaf casting, but perhaps he was going to do the dry grafting instead. 

On 3/25/2024 at 12:49 AM, quicksilver said:

Thank you, it was a very stressful experience, and I’m relieved it’s over with.

The fact that I’ve lost over $65,000 just has to be put behind me.

Well, if you haven't explored all your legal avenues feel free to email me and join us.  It's far from over.

Or send a pm and we'll do a zoom call.

Thanks 

Flaketapper@gmail.com 

On 3/25/2024 at 3:24 PM, quicksilver said:

What legal avenues ?

There’s clearly no money left…

Not going to discuss in a public forum.   Just email us or dm me.

Actually,  I'll send you a dm.

On 3/24/2024 at 7:52 PM, Tony S said:

He offered to do the same thing on my Avengers 1. He was going to add material back to the edge, then color touch it to match and trim to the correct size.  I choose not to do this for two reasons. The cost - and I thought it possible that doing so might take the book to moderate rather than slight restored 

I was under the impression at the time that it was going to be done by leaf casting, but perhaps he was going to do the dry grafting instead. 

Same with my FF1. He was going to use dry grafting to remove the trimmed designation. I was passing through Oregon and had planned to drop off the book, but thankfully I forgot it at home. 

(FYI - this was a book that CGC said was trimmed on the top. I had it regraded and now it's trimmed on the bottom instead. O.o)

On 3/25/2024 at 1:02 AM, shadroch said:
On 3/25/2024 at 12:24 AM, quicksilver said:

What legal avenues ?

There’s clearly no money left…

Why do you say that?  Who knows what he's hidden or what assets he has?

strong point.

I can understand why it might seem hopeless, but there may be assets that are not known.  Or there might be more assets that one might have access to in the future (income, inheritance, lottery).  Also getting more victims involved MAY help keep others from being victimized in the future in the way of harsher legal or criminal or civil penalties assessed.  For example - not being able to get loans or business licenses or entering other contracts or bankruptcies, or longer sentences (if it gets to that point).

Super late to this discussion.. I have an email from Mike.. in Nov 2023 stating he was backed up and would get back to me.  This was from the contact@hrcomics.com account. He has my ASM 15. I know it was disassembled a couple years ago to add a page (that was missing and purcheds seperatly). I know it isn't a huge book but I would like to get it back or some of the money I paid for it. 

Currently my emails are going unanswered. I have seen random solutions on this thread. Can someone give me next steps? I think I paid him with my credit card.. but like many of you my preference is to get my book back.. even if it is in pieces.. it took a long time to round up the exact missing page to make it complete (married). 

On 3/26/2024 at 3:41 PM, Khamul02 said:

Super late to this discussion.. I have an email from Mike.. in Nov 2023 stating he was backed up and would get back to me.  This was from the contact@hrcomics.com account. He has my ASM 15. I know it was disassembled a couple years ago to add a page (that was missing and purcheds seperatly). I know it isn't a huge book but I would like to get it back or some of the money I paid for it. 

Currently my emails are going unanswered. I have seen random solutions on this thread. Can someone give me next steps? I think I paid him with my credit card.. but like many of you my preference is to get my book back.. even if it is in pieces.. it took a long time to round up the exact missing page to make it complete (married). 

Jeez....he was still accepting in Nov of 2023...  You may be one of the lucky ones that can get the credit card company involved.  I would contact them immediately.  Most don't have that option because it has been years or decades.  Sorry about your ASM 15 :(

On 3/26/2024 at 2:46 PM, CAHokie said:

Jeez....he was still accepting in Nov of 2023...  You may be one of the lucky ones that can get the credit card company involved.  I would contact them immediately.  Most don't have that option because it has been years or decades.  Sorry about your ASM 15 :(

No he has had the book for years :-(

On 3/26/2024 at 3:41 PM, Khamul02 said:

This link was from near the beginning of this thread... @Khamul02 you can start by adding your information here:

https://justice.oregon.gov/consumercomplaints/

On 3/27/2024 at 3:41 AM, Khamul02 said:

Email me at randyhampton127@gmail.com 

You can join our legal action. 

And ignore the 12 year old's comments that will follow. 

Thanks

Randy